Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I know when I install it? I am mostly worried about fuel spraying in my face while I remove the old one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you let your car set long enough. The pressure may drop on it's own.
Or use a hose with something on the end of it to push the valve in under the schrader cap.
Drain the gas through the hose into a container.
That should relieve the pressure.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Just undo the bottom feed line right after the vacuum line, then undo the two bolts and pull it off. Won't spray anything but will make a small puddle on your intake.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you are really worried about it..just unplug the fuel pump connector at the tank and start the engine to suck up the fuel....put a shop rag under the line and loosen the connector as salvage said..the rag will catch the dribble...normally, if the car has sat an hour, most of the pressure will have bled down and I never bother relieving it....I just use the rag, if I remember.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unplug at the tank like Steve said. After it,s run and most fuel and pressure is gone take a small screw driver with an absorbant shop towel and press in on shrader valve to complete.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Good idea, to put some oil on the o-rings, the fpr slides in better, and less chance of pinching or cutting the o-ring!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, it went in no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts