Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally get a nice stinkin hot summer here after a couple years of mild wet summers. I took the GN to work yesterday and gave it a bath, first time washing it with water this year. After I was done shamying it off I get in and start the engine and crank the A/C. Well the engine boggs right down and there is this horrible squeaking and rattling coming from under the hood. So I pop the hood and have a look and when the A/C cuts in the compressor is so tight that the clutch almost looks like it's slipping and thats where the noise is coming from, I shut the A/C off and will spend the rest of the summer sweating with the windows rolled down.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
That is as predictable as guys named Zap living in places named Dunbar.

Go buy a compressor and stick it on there....Regals got to have AC...even up there! :cheers:

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Check out Brett from www.SavannahAutoAir.com . I've received 2 compressors from him (one for each car) and they are very nice. He will also suggest a new orfice tube and accum/drier which he has as well. Great guy to deal with and really knows his A/C stuff on the Buicks...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
did not he build you a bigger condensor? How did that work out? :)

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The Savannah site isnt working?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
did not he build you a bigger condensor? How did that work out?
I did install a huge multiflow condenser from Brett. The AC worked great until the compressor crapped out on the way back from Indy. Up until that though, the AC in the Buick was colder than it's ever been. Going up to Indy I had the fan on low, the setting on 'Normal' and it was almost too cold! :) The compressor on the GN was probably factory with 130k miles on it. It had the Harrison sticker on it.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sounds like that style condensor ought to be the hot ticket on 134a conversions if one wants cold air. :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
We're working on being able to mass-produce these condensers. I promise, they're on they. However, it will take some time.

I am aware that the site isn't working, and I do have Mike working on our new website, and I do hope we'll have something ready for you guys in the near future.

If I can do anything for any of you, please just give me a call.

Thanks again,
Brett

1 - 8 of 8 Posts