Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
His statement, released late Friday, also included support for the officer involved, Paul McKenna, and the Capitol Police. He said, "This is a tremendously difficult job, and it is one that Officer McKenna and his colleagues perform with the utmost professionalism and dignity."

With that, Wainstein closed a case that has simmered with racial and political tension.

McKinney's office had no immediate comment.

The encounter began when McKinney, D-Ga., tried to enter a House office building without walking through a metal detector or wearing the lapel pin that identifies members of Congress.

McKenna did not recognize her as a member of Congress and asked her three times to stop. When she ignored him, he tried to stop her. McKinney then hit him.

McKinney described the encounter as "racial profiling," insisting she had been assaulted and had done nothing wrong.

McKinney is black. McKenna is white.

She received little public support for that stance, even within the Congressional Black Caucus.

Wainstein, meanwhile, sought an indictment from a federal grand jury, with assault on a police officer mentioned in the filings as a possible charge. That is a felony that would require an indictment.

The grand jury then subpoenaed several House aides thought to have witnessed the encounter. McKenna, too, testified. The grand jury voted not to indict her. Prosecutors also could have charged McKinney with simple assault without having to seek an indictment.

Members of the black caucus privately urged McKinney to put the matter behind her. The next morning, she appeared on the House floor to apologize.

"I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret its escalation, and I apologize," McKinney, D-Ga., said April 6. "There should not have been any physical contact in this incident."

What a load. :rolleyes:

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
I'm sure any one of us could strike a police officer and get off on just an apology. :yup:

:crazy:

·
Registered
44 Posts
She's been in similar trouble like this before. She should have never gotten re-elected to her position. There was another lady that was running against her in the last election that would have been a much better representative for the area. I forget what happened, but this gal basically won by default.

Many politicians today are just good for nothing.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The Radius Kid said:
The grand jury voted not to indict her.
No mention of the racial make up of the *Grand Jury*. After the OJ deboggle, nothing surprises me.

·
8,392 Posts
This is JUSt like the Karl Rove case guys. and you don't get it.
All the GJ did was determine that the case was weak and not worth the effort. Nobody is saying she got away with anything or that it happen, just not worth presecuting.
IMO they probably saw it as a 'he said' 'she said' case, that they'd probably lose :dunno:

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
A real "sweetheart"...

This bitch is NOTHING but trouble.
Her dad is a cheap punk, that thinks he's a "wiseguy".
He created a near riot at the polling place, when the poll mgr attempted to close the doors at 7PM. [per the law.]
She spends her time in DC, lobbying for the support of the African countries, that are run by gangsters.[What ones aren't??]

Too bad the police officer didn't knock her supply of ivory down her throat.. :yup:
The list of $hit she pulls goes on and on.
Hopefully the next election will find a person with some class, to kick her ass out, and back on welfare, with the rest of her cronies....

The beat goes on..... :mad:

·
8,392 Posts
Old Buzzard said:
This bitch is NOTHING but trouble.
Her dad is a cheap punk, that thinks he's a "wiseguy".
He created a near riot at the polling place, when the poll mgr attempted to close the doors at 7PM. [per the law.]
She spends her time in DC, lobbying for the support of the African countries, that are run by gangsters.[What ones aren't??]

Too bad the police officer didn't knock her supply of ivory down her throat.. :yup:
The list of $hit she pulls goes on and on.
Hopefully the next election will find a person with some class, to kick her ass out, and back on welfare, with the rest of her cronies....

The beat goes on..... :mad:
yikes. she sounds pretty bad.

I don't know the the woman from a hole in the wall, I was making a comment on the system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Red Regal T said:
You're just a hopeless leftist.
Hey... I resemble that remark. :D

Gothmog..... although I like her stance of roasting Jorge Boosh, her outbursts such as the White House guard attack is just un-called for. It seems everytime she has a problem, out comes the race card. I'm sorry. But if you're a liberal (as I am) show some backbone. Win your fights based on your qualifications.

I also didn't like what she had to say about the Jews voting in her district.

A story from Wikipedia the on-line encyclopedia.

Primary defeat
In 2002, McKinney was defeated in the Democratic primary by DeKalb County judge Denise Majette.[5] McKinney's loss was one of the biggest upsets in recent political history. It was surprising by itself that a seemingly entrenched five-term incumbent would lose in a primary. However, Majette routed her by 16 points, 58% to 42%.

McKinney protested the result in court, claiming that Republicans, knowing they stood no realistic chance of defeating her in November, had participated in the Democratic primary to vote against McKinney in revenge for her anti-Bush administration views and implied voter fraud. Like twenty other states, Georgia operates an open primary; voters do not claim a political party when they register to vote, and may participate in whichever party's primary election they choose. Thus, relying on the Supreme Court's decision in California Democratic Party v. Jones, which had held that California's blanket primary violated the First Amendment (despite the fact that the Court explicitly differentiated - albeit in dicta - the blanket primary from the open primary in Jones), on McKinney's behalf, five voters claimed that the open primary system was unconstitutional, operating in violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, the associational right protected by the First Amendment, and various statutory rights protected by §2 of the Voting Rights Act.[1] The district court dismissed the case, noting that the plaintiffs had presented no evidence in support of the Equal Protection and VRA claims, and lacked standing to bring the First Amendment claim. It interpreted the Supreme Court's Jones ruling to hold that the right to association involved in a dispute over a primary - and thus, standing to sue - belongs to a political party, not an individual voter. On appeal, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals upheld this result (Osburn v. Cox, 369 F.3d 1283 (2004)) in May 2004, noting that not only were the plaintiffs' claims meritless, but the remedy they requested would likely be unconstitutional under the Supreme Court's decision in Tashjian v. Republican Party of Connecticut. On October 18, 2004, the Supreme Court brought an end to the litigation, denying certiorari without comment (Osburn v. Georgia, 04-217) (cert denied, 541 U.S. __).[2]

McKinney's controversial statements regarding 9/11 are widely considered to have led to her defeat. McKinney's reported support of Palestinian causes and her anti-Israel stance also drew the ire of pro-Israel lobbying groups, who donated money to Majette during the primary. On the night before the primary election, McKinney's father stated on Atlanta television that "Jews have bought everyone" in the election. [6] She also reportedly called Majette a "Tomette" (a female version of an Uncle Tom).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_McKinney

1 - 9 of 9 Posts