Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car about 3weeks now... First off is the F-body radiator swap that beneficial? Second is there a way to turn the boost up without a boost controller like a stiffer wastgate spring? Last does anyone know someone around me that can tune these bad boys...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Had my car about 3weeks now... First off is the F-body radiator swap that beneficial? Second is there a way to turn the boost up without a boost controller like a stiffer wastgate spring? Last does anyone know someone around me that can tune these bad boys...
1. I believe the f body rad is a good upgrade for a decent price. No oil cooler, but alot of guys have no issues not running one.
2. You can turn up the boost by adding an adjustable wastegate......just make sure your fuel delivery is up to snuff or you'll be sorry.
3. Can't answer that one, but if you can't find a helping hand in your neck of the woods, this board can be the next best thing.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The fella that had the car before you may have turned the boost way down.
Check to see if the wastegate is adjustable. You can determine this by the rod itself, as it will be threaded with a jam nut near the center.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Making the actuator rod shorter will increase boost. Longer will decrease boost. If the rod is at its full length now almost, you need to shorten it. Rule of thumb is 1 full turn (360*) of the rod clockwise (when viewing from passenger side) will increase the boost 1psi.
ONLY do this in "baby" steps ie: a pound of boost at a time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I live in Dallas ga and could help you with the tuning, the only way i know how is through a gen2 translater.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Gen 2 translator is something you buy that's wired in through your computer harness, I soldered all my connections in... With that you can have control of your low mid and hi fuel demands also timing at WOT after 2000rpm, what's great is it can all be done on the run as your driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts