Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have another and hopefully the last problem, my A/C will blow cold air at idle but as soon as I give it gas the box changes directions and hot air comes out. I replaced the vaccum switch behind control head in dash but did not cure problem also the vaccum resevoir was missing so I put a new one on it and it still didnt cure anything. I did charge the system and it does blow cold at idle. It seems like the box is not closing all the way because I feel hot air just driving down the road. ANY IDEAS ANYONE.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sure sounds like a vacuum problem if it is blowing correctly at idle...do you mean that the air flow shifts or simply turns hot>

If it is blowing hot out the dash vents, then be sure your compressor is still running when you rev it up. One of my cars had a flaky pressure switch on it this year. It would cool for awhile and then not cool for awhile.....the switch would kick off and not come back on even tho it was charged....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The air flow shifts and the air gets hot I just went out and the compressor does not kick off it stay running. It shifts to the defroster when I rev it up??????? I have check all the hoses under the hood they all look ok I even took throttle body cleaner and sprayed all the hoses to see if I had a leek out there and nothing!!!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sounds like a vacuum problem. check the connections at the firewall, driver's side where the vacuum line from the egr feed goes on to the firewall into a tee connection....one side goes to the vacuum ball....be sure that that line is not cracked.

then check the other side that goes to the hard plastic line that runs over to the hvac box area and into firewall.

make sure the connections are snug in the tee...sounds like it is running off engine vacuum and not the reservoir ball when you step on it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Vacuum ball is located under drivers side front fender, in front of wheel.
Make sure hose is in tight. My hose looked like it was attached but was not pushed in all the way.
This will not be your last problem!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Originally posted by ES:
Vacuum ball is located under drivers side This will not be your last problem!

Wow, ES, bet you made him feel really good! LOL

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
so? what happened? You fix it? Be sure to inspect the check valve that is in the line coming around from the vacuum block....you wanta make sure no boost is going to the control either....not even 1#

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked all the lines and replaced the ones I thought were shakey but still nothing. Are you talking about the check valve around the EGR valve or another one I have another thing with this I noticed that the heater valve opens as soon as I shut the caar off but will go close as soon as I start the car I have ran the car and rev the car up to 3000 rpm and the valve does not open but that is not on a load like driving either so am I looking in the right direction?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts