Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could it be that it just needs recharging?

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Is the compressor running? In other words, is the clutch engaged and the center part of the clutch spinning?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm gonna have to check on that. I'll get back to ya.

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
I had the same problem earlier this year. It's the R12 unit running out of the R12 solution. It holds like 5 lbs I think. The guy I took it to said it's very hard to find R12 anymore because it's not good for the environment or something and that's why the newer cars don't have R12. It cost me around 300 bucks to charge it completely up (50 bucks a lb and the labor charges). He said it was the cheap way since it would cost way more to replace the R12 unit with a new one. Also...My intercooler wouldn't kick on before I charged it up and now it kicks on when I start the car like it should. I dunno if that R12 unit runs into the intercooler or not but car runs cool now
Hope this solves the prob!

------------------
1987 Buick Grand National; Stock except for the following: Poston chromed mass-air flow pipe, 9" K&N air filter, 3" ATR stainless downpipe w/racing CAT, 3" ATR stainless exhaust system, Poston UltraChip - Note to all Ford/Chevy owners: BUICK OWNZ JOO

[This message has been edited by d0n_3d (edited August 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
132 Posts
What kind of drugs are you on?

------------------

87 Buick Regal Turbo T "WE4" Astro Roof, TE44 Turbo, CAS V4, 9" K&N, Chrome Mass Air Flow Pipe, GN107T 202 202 Cam, 2.5" Dual Exhaust, 3" Cat,3" Down Pipe, Poston Headers, XP Fuel Pump Hot Wired, Oil Pump Booster Plate, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, 37# Delphi Injectors, Posi, New SMC Alchy Kit, Thrasher 92 Chip, Volt Booster, 30 PSI Boost Gauge, Knock Gauge, Scan Tool. Nitto 275 50 15 Drag Radials, Pinion Snubber
12.88 @ 107.54 NOT TUNNED YET
New Toy: 99 Chevy Z71 Extended Cab 5.3L

http://shanebuickwe4.homestead.com/shanewe4.html
http://discussions.gmforums.com/

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
What kind are you dealing?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok the compressor works. Guess i just need more of the R12 stuff. What about R134? What do I need to convert to that? Can I just go to the auto store and buy one of those conversion kits?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If the compressor is working, then it must be pretty nearly charged or the low pressure switch would turn it off.

Does it run steadily or click on and off frequently?

Is the accumulator can by the ac box (under the hood) getting cold to the touch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts