·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Damn..........

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind Melissa's combo what's his!:D Grumpy time to put a T-70 on and take him down.
hahahaha...John is cranking !!!! stock crank and rods to !! He gets the big atta boy for now ! he has a turbo 400 to and we wouldn't go to that because we drive the car to much and need the OD for highway cruising. 143 MPH !! thats crazy !!:eek!::eek!:
Melissa's car isn't goin to be "legal" for TAI .. her old motor is still sitting on an engine stand waiting for the Mazda to get done :rolleyes: I know I know I have to get off my butt and DO something.. Actually can't work till Jan I think .. old age :sw:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You need to get the son-in-law hustling to get all that stuff that the father-in-law cant :poon:

Always great to have a target to shoot for.. and just to think 143 on a single walbro 340 :usa:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
WOW!!!! 143mph @ 3550Lbs. too, So much for all that (Real) High Dollar Late Model Junk out there:usa:!!!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to get the son-in-law hustling to get all that stuff that the father-in-law cant :poon:

Always great to have a target to shoot for.. and just to think 143 on a single walbro 340 :usa:
hahahaha... we are just goin to throw some of my old used junk together for some racing up here :cool: Now the Mazda .... nevermind :rolleyes::crazy: Speaking of goin ... better step up that Mustang :yup:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hahahaha... we are just goin to throw some of my old used junk together for some racing up here :cool: Now the Mazda .... nevermind :rolleyes::crazy: Speaking of goin ... better step up that Mustang :yup:
Man I need some weather desperately... It rained tonite.. no track.. wont have a track till next Thursday.. As soon as I can get my bottom end boost curve figured out.. it ought to fly.

Hey its a 10.1 at 137 on a 1.6 60 foot.. 17 PSI..

Hell of a learning curve.. wait till that Mazda is going down the track.. all the bugs are gonna come out and eat you alive. :sw:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wait till that Mazda is going down the track.. all the bugs are gonna come out and eat you alive. :sw:
nah!!! I guarantee 11s out of the box :sw: Windy as hell here today !! Rainin to.. woke me up from my "trip" as you can see its 4am :rant: Prob crap from Florida drifting up to us :wink:

·
Certified gun nut
1,842 Posts
That's just insane...

Maybe I'll run the rest of the C16 out of my tank, refill it with 93 and top-off the alky tank again. :D

If his single 340 isn't going lean on him, he HAS to be spraying a ton of alky to make up for it. :yup:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
OMG, Art your Still using C16??!!! I didn't think Anybody used Race gas anymore!
I was Convinced 3 years ago when I saw somebody make a 135mph pass in a Full weight Buick w/ a Single 340!!

·
Certified gun nut
1,842 Posts
Only because I was having some tuning issues...

I'm pretty sure they are sorted out now... so it may be time to put the WB tracking alky chip back in it and see what happens. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Art, what did you figure out with the sputtering at rpm?

·
Certified gun nut
1,842 Posts
The valvesprings that came on the TA heads were wrong for my combo...

I put CC 26120 beehives on it now...
Haven't had much time to romp on it since the last month has been spent fooling with transmissions and converters... but the few times I drove it, it felt like a whole 'nuther car. :yup:

I have a huge thread on the yellow board... Makes for some interesting reading if you are ever bored. :D

Motor won't rev over 5200-5300rpm... WTF??? - TurboBuick.Com

(sorry for the thread hijack) :eek:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The valvesprings that came on the TA heads were wrong for my combo...

I put CC 26120 beehives on it now...
Haven't had much time to romp on it since the last month has been spent fooling with transmissions and converters... but the few times I drove it, it felt like a whole 'nuther car. :yup:

I have a huge thread on the yellow board... Makes for some interesting reading if you are ever bored. :D

Motor won't rev over 5200-5300rpm... WTF??? - TurboBuick.Com

(sorry for the thread hijack) :eek:
sooooo ya goin to race the car soon and get that "easy" 9 sec slip ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That's insane! :crazy:

That has to be right around 800hp on factory crank/rods!

Does anyone have the specs on that engine/combo? Amount of meth being used?

·
David
839 Posts
That's insane! :crazy:

That has to be right around 800hp on factory crank/rods!

Does anyone have the specs on that engine/combo? Amount of meth being used?
He doesn't give up much info on the tune or "Build" but maybe if you contact the CIA you could get something.
Before he says it "Tune for no KR" did I get it right Grumps?

·
Ted Nugent for president
57 Posts
I met John at Cecil County Dragway a couple of weeks ago. He went 9.7 @ 144 that night with traction issues...Then drove it home..Thats one bad a$# buick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts