Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 Gn only has 35,000 miles on it and my transmission is leaking fluid from the pan, probably bad gasket. but also there is this rattling noise coming from the trans. sounds like something is loose. It happens in park or while driving. One more thing, when i was boosting up a hill the back wheels started shaking, making the whole car shake. I had to slow down to stop the vibration. Any ideas on these problems.

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Has the car been sitting for some time?Trans leaks are no big deal.Easy fix--should probably change the fluid anyway.As for the vibration,you might have a flat spot on one of your tires.Jack the car up,block the front tires,start the car and put it in drive.Watch the tires for any odd movement.You'll see an out of round tire right away.Good luck usa

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i bought the car from some lady who let it sit for over 5 years without driving it. But any ideas what the rattling noise from the trans is, because I remember I buried the needle on the highway. The next day there was a rattling noise coming from the trans. Any ideas

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
The last time I had a rattling coming from the trans, it was a loose torque convertor bolt.Just an idea.Hope this helps. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts