Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the deal I have been trying to install a Dakota Digital dash in this car for about two weeks. I had to unplug the factory Digital tach to get it out, realized the car would not run without it plugged in. I plugged it back in it ran fine, finally got the dash installed had the tach wrapped up under the dash because there is no way to put it back with the new face (that I can see). it ran around the block three times and then died. We get it back to the shop pulled the tach out from under the dash thinking it was unplugged or shorted out and it was all fine. I plugged it back in it started and ran, turned it off and try to restart and nothing the Tach won't light up or anything and the car won't run without it. Can this be bypassed all together somehow? The new gauges has the tach and boost in it already.

and on a separate note where should I connect the VSS? I tried the speed sensor signal (brown) at the ECU and it does not appear to be sending a signal to the gauges for me to calibrate the speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts