Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! my friend have 1986 buick gn and its got weird problem. the rpm meter shows almost double too much rpms, and the rev limiter kicks half too early. im sorry for my poor english :D

·
Registered
684 Posts
If your talking about the factory RPM light bar in the dash, that is a common issue with these cars. Not sure but I don't think it's going to affect the real RPM. He may have another issue causing it to break up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi. yes im talking that rpm bar in the dash. and i think too its an another issue, if the rpm light bar doesnt affect the rev limiter. maybe a crankshaft position sensor or something?

·
Registered
637 Posts
My RPM bar scared the hell out of me the first time I pulled on the highway.. lmao I was like WHOA 6000 Rpm in 4th gear going 60mph.. but them I was like wait a second the engine is pretty silent for 6000 rpm:rolleyes::D

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Does the car have a Scanmaster? Factory Boost/RPM are never accurate. You might be experiencing knock.:eek!:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.