Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting in the shop unlicensed and not driven since 1996, I have pulled my dads 86 GN out and am putting her back on the road. Over the winter she got the big brakes and taller spindles that had been purchased 15 years ago. Upper arms are from global west with delalum bushings, new ball joints , stainless brake lines ,lowering springs, poly sway bar stuff and the lower arms and sway bar were cleaned and power coated black. The frame and everything that could be cleaned got painted . The stock wheels won't fit now so they are in storage and GNX style wheels went on with BFG KDW's. After failing to start for a road test the tank came out and a new Vertronix fuel pump and hot wire kit went in. What a difference in handling ! Found the passenger floor wet so now the heater core is out and the cooling system will get cleaned up. BTW can anyone tell me what to use to reseal the firewall/air plenum joint ? Next a posi goes in and we'll start some summer driving! Hope to get to the strip and makes some runs too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sounds like quite the car. but......:npics:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts