Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With fuel prices the way they are, one of the best attributes to these cars is the fact that they incorporate BOTH performance AND fuel mileage, not the greatest, but a hellava lot better than my 464ci '71 na GS.:D
There is a plethora of reasons I enjoy my 87 TR Ltd, but lately I've been paying extra attention to the mileage I've been getting.

OK, the last 2 fill-up's on the car has averaged 22-23mpg.....not bad in my books. Now this, I will admit was VERY conservative driving, but alot WITH AC on :eek!:

Just curious as to how others are doing with their TR cars... mileage wise??

My TR is stock block, 60's, TE-60, stock convertor, gears ect.... just bolt-on mods.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I've never checked my mileage for local driving but a few years back I checked two different tank fulls on my way back from Bowling Green and both were just under 30 mpg for the Imperial gallon.

I think the one tank was 29.7 mpg and the other was 29.5 mpg which would be about 24.5 - 24.7 mpg on the US gallon. This was interstate driving with three guys in the car and a trunk load of parts running 10 - 15 mph over the posted limit.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never checked my mileage for local driving but a few years back I checked two different tank fulls on my way back from Bowling Green and both were just under 30 mpg for the Imperial gallon.

I think the one tank was 29.7 mpg and the other was 29.5 mpg which would be about 24.5 - 24.7 mpg on the US gallon. This was interstate driving with three guys in the car and a trunk load of parts running 10 - 15 mph over the posted limit.
Paul, that's really impressive!! Thought I was doin ok......and I think I am for basic city driving, suprised few others have chimed in.

·
Registered
817 Posts
well ive never checked but i do know when the wife takes it to work about 30 min highway drive she burns about HALF a tank there an back apparantly she likes the whistle noise it makes lol

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I ran 11.8's on straight pump at the track. Filled up and averaged 28 mpg back to the city. This included a couple fast passes on the highway. This is with my 4.1 in a heavy car that weighs 4000lbs with me in it.

My low milage car that weighs in at 3400lb has done a best of 35mpg.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Paul, that's really impressive!! Thought I was doin ok......and I think I am for basic city driving, suprised few others have chimed in.
Jim,

I was a little disappointed with the mileage, I really wanted to be over 30 mpg but there were three of us in the car, Shmed, myself and another friend so the car was loaded down pretty good. :D

Back in the 1980's my Dad checked a few tank fulls going to / from Bowling Green with GN #1 and he was over 30 mpg and that was with a 9" non lock Art Carr torque converter so that is why I figured I would have been over 30 with GN #2. I guess I should have checked (upped) my tire pressure a bit and drove a little easier to get the mileage I wanted. :yup:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
well ive never checked but i do know when the wife takes it to work about 30 min highway drive she burns about HALF a tank there an back apparantly she likes the whistle noise it makes lol
Dave,

I am guessing she also uses a "bit" of alcohol as well!!!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts