Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my compressor is making noise and i am going to the wrecking yard to pick up one what cars and trucks are compatible

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Try the 3rd gen F-bodies(any engine,they are all the same) and any 93 and older S-10 with the 4.3 V-6. Just make sure its for a serpentine belt and has the overheat switch on the back. 88 and newer has a different connector for the coil on the clutch so make sure you grab that. And as you get newer in the years the size and type of seal on the manifold hose changes. I haven't looked for any part numbers but I do believe there is an adapter kit out there that will enable you to use your hose with any year of R-4 compressor out there. Most of my new R-4's come with this seal and adapter kit with them.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Your compressor is making noise because it's 20 years old. I'd buy a new one otherwise you're wasting freon and time messing with old compressors. Try [email protected] as the compressors are completely affordable and he has them in stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.