Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem was wondering if you had any ideas? the car runs fine idleing but if you hit the gas, not even all the way but putting a load on the engine ,it backfires out of the intake .I unpluged the cam sensor and it does not do this.I replaced it and its still the same .Thought maby the timing chain skipped a tooth so we replaced the timing chain .It was real real bad but did not skip a tooth. still did not work.no codes except egr came up .also the wastgate solinoid code came up but is not there now .I read on your website about the speedo sensor ,the speedo does not work in my car ,could this do it? Please help me if you have any ideas
thank you
ryan

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Okay, I don't know anything about a hot air car..but

You might start out by ohming out the coils and see if they all measure 11-13k ohms front to rear when the engine is hot.

I wonder if you have a bad injector (s)? When you unplug the cam sensor, it goes into batch mode rather than sequential. It might supply more fuel that way.

Sometimes, if the cam sensor is on the edge of the setting, it will pop as well and bumping it CCW about an 1/8" can help.

The final suggestion is to swap the maf with a known good one and see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts