Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm missing my front air dam, the black trim that goes under the front bumper. They have discontinued the 84 - 85 year one. GM still carries the 86 - 87 but is a 2 piece. Does anyone know if this will bolt right up or will I need additional modifications for the 2 piece to fit. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
On my '84, there is not a piece like you mention under the bumper. There is, however an air dam that is bolted to the bottom of the radiator support, just flat blade sticking down. I am a little confused without seeing a picture, but I'm wondering if you are talking about the air dams on the front of a Grand National from '84 instead? Think those had a different look than the plain bumper that T-Types (at least mine) have.

Pretty sure I've seen links posted to get the air dams, but I can't remember if it to Poston's or ???, sorry.

I did a little search on Ebay here's an '84, and you can see the air dam just barely under the front bumper. http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_6411149deb585001f5b06f90ad9544a2/i-3_B.JPG

and here is a later intercooled car, where ther is a small air dam under the front bumper http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_ecad985371b9ff9217f0ed03ca7498ac/i-3_B.JPG

Are you perhaps looking at an 86 or 87 when you think you are missing the air dams? The hotair and IC'd cars do look a little different fron the front.

Could the IC-type air dam be bolted to your '84? I'd guess probably...

Does this help at all? :confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never mind, I guess that the 84 T-type just had the one piece under the radiator. For some reason I tought T-types & GN's had the sporty ones like the 86 - 87 that wrap around the bottom edges of the bumber.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's OK. I was wondering if you just had the 2 confused. I think that the later style incorporates the intercooler scoop, but not sure sine I don't know much about those intercooled cars.

I hope that your new '84 treats you well, I've seen your posts over at the other board as well. Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well folks.
I have an 84/87 breed. Check my sig.
If you are talking bout the 2 plastic "L" shaped pieces (1 per side), They will fit on there.
At least they do on my car.
HTH

If I can find my cheap @$$ digiCam. I'll post a pic or 2 of it.

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Toadie's T-Type:
If you are talking bout the 2 plastic "L" shaped pieces (1 per side), They will fit on there.
Actually, they should fit on all Regals. A friend put them on his '84 Regal Limited (350SBC) because he liked they way they looked on his '86 T-Type. They bolted right up, and should do so on all Regals.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Actually my 85 and a few others that I've seen have come with a one piece air damn that GM has discontinued.This is an air damn not the baffle that is connected to the radiator.Check the parts for sale section sometimes you ca find one in there but they go for like $100 bucks. I still have mine but it isn't on the car because I was using Postons ram air kit so I switched to the 86/87 air damns.

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to say mine has a one-piece air dam as well under the bumper. Whoops. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts