Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 600 Holley vacuum secondary carb...preferably new...or one with low miles with the factory jets and settings. If you have one or know of one...shoot me a PM.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Best I can offer is a modified 650 DP with a rebuild kit included in the sale.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer Mike...but that's what the IROC has in it now. It's a mild engine and is better suited for a 600.

·
6,603 Posts
Thanks for the offer Mike...but that's what the IROC has in it now. It's a mild engine and is better suited for a 600.
Want a TPI motor instead? :dunno:

305 w/ported heads, ported intake, roller cam, etc?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Want a TPI motor instead? :dunno:

305 w/ported heads, ported intake, roller cam, etc?
I'm actually putting together a 327 for one of the Camaros and a 283 for the other. Once again...thank you for the offer.

·
6,603 Posts
I'm actually putting together a 327 for one of the Camaros and a 283 for the other. Once again...thank you for the offer.
Got a 350 4-bolt "010" shortblock sitting here too. ;) LOL!

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoot me the casting number on the block...curious what year it is.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decoding it for year...thanks.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
69-79. I'd need the casting date on the rear side of the block on the passengers side. it's out of a truck or bus...and came from the St Catherines Plant.

·
6,603 Posts
Unfortunately I just rebagged it and stuck in back in the corner until (if) it sells.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holley's are just cylinder washers:wink: I got a nice q-jet sitting here:yup:

Kevin
I couldn't get the Q Jet to idle with the larger cam I installed on the blue Camaro. The new 600 Holley I picked up for it has crisp throttle response, decent gas mileage and starts quick with the electric choke. There's a mild cam in the red Camaro...not sure if it would idle with a Q-Jet...unless...ahem...you made some adjustments to it.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a torker II and a Performer intake in case you need Brad, I will check and get back to you if I have a carb.
I'm not sure if it's a single plane or a dual plane that's on the IROC. Let me know if either of those intakes are dual planes.

·
6,603 Posts
The Performer is a dual plane. Car Craft just did a SBC intake shootout for both single and dual planes... both of those intakes performed well for the money. I had a Torker II in my Monte before going to Vortec heads and it was an okay piece; a Performer RPM replaced it when the Vortec heads went on.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought the car turn key last fall. Not looking for performance...just better driveability. A dual plane and a smaller carb will be fine for all I need. Thanks for the info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts