Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change my TE 44 to a T63e. I was wondering if anyone has ran 50's with the T63e? I didn't know if the 50's would hold up on the long pull. Is there much gains with the 55's over the 50's? Should I go larger than 55's?

Set up:
Ported irons big valves
T&D 1.55's
Comp 212/212
.030 over
RJC Power Plate
TE 44
009's
Big neck stock I/C
3" DP with Deltagate

TIA
CT

------------------
86 GN
87 T Yellow
87 T Silver

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
With what you have listed, 55's aint going to hack it with a T63e either. You need to be looking at 72's probably. That's a BIG turbo, moves lots of air.

------------------
TurboDave mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing
Lone Rock, WI
86 GN[email protected](MAF Xlator+/Extender,BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 Z28 L69
01 Excursion LTD TTS"race" chip 7.3L PSD(power stroke diesel) Turbo 4X2
My photo albums

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking 72# injectors. Is the T63e the same size as the TE45 and PT63? I guess the ME would be the best bet for this set.? I don't have the $$$ for a DFI at this time.

------------------
86 GN
87 T Yellow
87 T Silver

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey chris I run 50's w/ME chip and running low 11.5's which is fast enough right now. This is with single 340 hotwired and stock unported heads @25lbs of boost. I'm going with the ME"R" and got a volt boster will try out next weekend. I know I should get some 72's but Steve likes the 50's and he is running alot quicker on them than I. He also has a dual intank pump. 50's and a dual pump set will net some low 11's and some will say quicker. You will love the 63 with right converter. I went with 3600k 9/11 from bruce. Oh ya thanks again with the timing chain.
Dan

[This message has been edited by 87gn-newbee (edited October 22, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You can run 50s at low boost but 25# is asking for holed pistons with a 63 E. I would run 72/75s....actually, I run 75s with my 45. I upgraded from 50s.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan, I am glad everything worked out for you.

I have ran the T63e with the 009's while my TE 44 was being rebuilt. (John Craig the only turbo man, IMO) I feel that with my set up my car will be running well in the 10's. I have ran low 11 teens with the TE44. I will be changing the intercooler, converter and upgrading the fuel system. I will also be installing a block girdle. I was wondering how close the T63e is to the TE 45 and PTE63.?

Who would you recomend to fix the ECM for the 75's? TIA

------------------
86 GN
87 T Yellow
87 T Silver

[This message has been edited by Chris Taylor (edited October 22, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I believe John now does the 45A instead of the 45 and it has a 66mm wheel rather than the 63. The 45 was the same as the 63E and the 45A is the same as the 64E or the T66, I believe. I did not go and verify that the 64E has the 66mm wheel-going from memory.

I think there is an updated comparison/info table on gnttype.org now.

If you go to http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

There is a java formula at the bottom that will calculate the injector size required to support a given horsepower. Using a duty cycle of 80% and a bsfc of 0.6, and a desired horsepower of 600 (the 63E can produce more), it gives a 75#/hr injector.

Kinda interesting to play with. Oh, I used 43# fuel pressure to get the above injector, as well.

Note that if you take the fuel pressure up and the duty cycle closer to 100%, it will give you a smaller injector.

Also note that the chart on gnttype.org uses 0.5 for bsfc which is on the small side but makes it easy to estimate hp support for an injector...for 100% duty cycle, all you have to do is multiply the cylinders (6) x the injector size and double the answer for a horsepower rating...i.e. 6 x 50 x2= 600 hp....of course the bsfc is too low and the engine will be running out of fuel and popping something out....you can play with the formula and see what fp it takes to survive with too small an injector.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need someone to change the drivers in my ECM. Can Steve Y do this when I purchase the ME?

------------------
86 GN
87 T Yellow
87 T Silver

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
No, he would give it to Bob Bailey. You can send it to Bob or Red Armstrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts