Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm almost done installing my Alky kit and I'm wondering with Erics Turbo weak 5.7 street chip what will I need to change to make the car work the best?

My setup is te44 Turbo and 42lb injectors the car has zero knock at 15 psi but today I raised the boost to 16 and I got 2.3 degrees of knock in 3rd so I was thinking of going from 128 to 130 on the 2nd setting.

But as for timing I'm kinda scared to play with it would it be better to just order a alky chip rather then tune a street chip?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Alky chip default setting is usually 23/21* the street chip will work but will have only 18/17* in it if memory serves. The nice thing about Erics chips is you can add that timing in if you so desire.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I finished the install and didn't change any setting just to test the system and it worked but I still got a little knock with the street chip.

The only thing I messed up on the install was I lost my right turn signal blinker in the car the rest is perfect.

so to get that timing what number would I change ? maybe 3rd or 4th row from 128 to?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Go on Eric's site and get the parameters for the chip. Start slow on the tune and work your way up, log your runs and post them here for help. I believe 1&2 are fuel and 3&4 are timing.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yea I finished the install and didn't change any setting just to test the system and it worked but I still got a little knock with the street chip.

The only thing I messed up on the install was I lost my right turn signal blinker in the car the rest is perfect.

so to get that timing what number would I change ? maybe 3rd or 4th row from 128 to?
Are you saying your getting KR with the alky spraying/working??

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes somewhere in 3rd gear. I got about 2.3 degrees? :dunno:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I wouldn't add any additional timing then until the kr issue is solved. Make sure and verify your fuel pump is keeping up 1:1 for boost

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you saying your getting KR with the alky spraying/working??
It happens alot more than you might think. Your engine bases fueling on several sensors, one of which is the map sensor. Your meth kit bases fueling only on your map sensor. Without taking the other sensors input into consideration, you can't expect a boost based system to operate like your fuel injection does. The result is that whatever gear your system is setup for is the only system that will be setup correctly. Other gears will not have the same boost curve, so you get knock. I can try to find more info from other sources if you would like.

evolutionm.net - View Single Post - So you have Meth Injection.. Are your pistons also cracked??

problems tuning with meth. help!!! - evolutionm.net

1 - 8 of 8 Posts