1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
yep that's what they go for now. I've seen them sell as high as 600 bucks! :eek!: I almost bought a dozen of them from a dealer a few years back to! Figured.. ah.. they will be around for awhile! Kick my a$$! I'm sure someone will be making an aftermarket one soon :wink: :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
wonder whatever happened to Chuck in Florida that made them?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Chuck is out of the game..

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
I have a couple think I paid $65 from dealer and have a few good used ones

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
Chuck is out of the game..

Sounds like a new venue for you all, then!

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I got one 2 summers ago. Had my dealer check last week for old stock but none have the T6 logo just plain. I was gonna buy some back then too, but they had like 15 in the warehouse! :dunno:

Look at carmotorsports.com as they have for the GN

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw a good replacement last summer at a Buick club meeting. A guy had a mural of an Indian woman sitting by a lake painted on the inside hood of his GN. I stood there staring at it in total disbelief and of course he assumed I was admiring it. He began telling me where I could get mine done. :confused:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
heh heh Jimmy

PhillyTurboSix said:
yep that's what they go for now. I've seen them sell as high as 600 bucks! :eek!: I almost bought a dozen of them from a dealer a few years back to! Figured.. ah.. they will be around for awhile! Kick my a$$! I'm sure someone will be making an aftermarket one soon :wink: :D

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
are they not just silk screened on...do you have to have a licencing agreement with buick to duplicate them

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
gbsean said:
are they not just silk screened on...do you have to have a licencing agreement with buick to duplicate them
You need a licence to reproduce that logo for one. The second problem is it seems they were screened before the "turbocharged" area was punched out. And if you don't screen it properly it won't hold up to the heat under the hood.

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
They can keep them at that price. Glad I got a new one couple years ago. If I ever need a new one I'll buy a plain new one, know at least a couple guys who do killer airbrush work. High heat paint and they could repro a better looking one that would hold up well I'm sure. More than one way to kill a cat..... :yup:

·
Full Head Of Hair!!!!
4,347 Posts
I dont even have a hood pad, I think it looks stupid :D

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hissin' Buford said:
They can keep them at that price. Glad I got a new one couple years ago. If I ever need a new one I'll buy a plain new one, know at least a couple guys who do killer airbrush work. High heat paint and they could repro a better looking one that would hold up well I'm sure. More than one way to kill a cat..... :yup:
What about the Indian maiden? :headbang:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I wouldn't even pay what it's currently bid at, which is $ 275, let alone the buy it now $ 475 sticker shock price. This is really getting insane.

·
Full Head Of Hair!!!!
4,347 Posts
I took mine off a while back and the hood looks better without it IMO :yup:, I would not pay more then $100 for it. Unless it is a show car then go ahead, but to spend $250+ on a piece of insulation is :crazy:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
PhillyTurboSix said:
You need a licence to reproduce that logo for one.
Barb at Special Additions is licensed. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts