Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what to go with the TurboTweak combo 42 or 60 lb combo injectors/chip.

Stock car ? Do the newer Siemens 60 better design etc ?

Thanks

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The 60's with TT chip work Great!! You may not need them now but they idle like stock & have room to grow when you want to add go fast parts! I went from 36 to 50 & now 5-6 years on the 60's & they all work great with Eric's Matching Chip. Just be honest when you answer the questions he asks about your combo for the chip he burns you. :yup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently ordered 60lb injectors and matching chip from TT. Actually received Precision 65lb injectors and car runs and idles great. I went from 37lb inj to 60lb so I wouldnt need to upgrade injectors again for my goals. Actually seems to idle better than the old injectors that were in car when I bought it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I too wonder this about my setup. Maybe I'd benefit from 60'b injectors from the 42.5's that the previous owner has put into the car. What I want to understand is if you set your regulator at 43 line of with 42.5 injectors or stock for example the bigger the injector the less fuel pressure needed?

Sorry for the rookie question but I'm almost sensing that my car needs more fuel and a few folks have said this to me as well.

Another rookie question what exactly is a hotwire it and Walbro pump.. my car already had the upgrade done. What did these cars get from the factory. My good friend dislikes Hotwire kits in the case of a accident

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I too wonder this about my setup. Maybe I'd benefit from 60'b injectors from the 42.5's that the previous owner has put into the car. What I want to understand is if you set your regulator at 43 line of with 42.5 injectors or stock for example the bigger the injector the less fuel pressure needed?

Sorry for the rookie question but I'm almost sensing that my car needs more fuel and a few folks have said this to me as well.

Another rookie question what exactly is a hotwire it and Walbro pump.. my car already had the upgrade done. What did these cars get from the factory. My good friend dislikes Hotwire kits in the case of a accident
42.5's for you should be good for awhile with alky. I ran a TA 49 with 50's and alky at 24 PSI years ago with no issues. With your fuel pressure set correctly...the demand on your injectors should lessen. The hotwire kit gives the fuel pump direct alternator voltage. Walbro is just the brand of pump. I have a hotwire kit on my injectors as well.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I recently ordered 60lb injectors and matching chip from TT. Actually received Precision 65lb injectors and car runs and idles great. I went from 37lb inj to 60lb so I wouldnt need to upgrade injectors again for my goals. Actually seems to idle better than the old injectors that were in car when I bought it.
The 60's give superior idle quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts