Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone was trying to tell me that i can run a vortec block(like 90's ish) in my gn with some bottom end work done, but said i can use gn heads and everything else bolts right up. he says he has a t-type done like this. am i gettin my leg pulled or has anyone heard or done this swap. im sure im not getting whole story here. but i would rather blow up an old shi**y vortec than my original block. let me know what you think

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Your sure they were not talking about a Buick 4.1L V6?

A Chevy 4.3L would be a massive amount of work to install, including replacing the transmission as you would now have Chevy bell housing instead of BOP.

The Buick 4.1L would drop right in, and all the intake/exhaust and fuel injection would fit just like factory. And the original transmission will still work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i asked he said that it came from a blazer, i was pretty sure the heads wouldn't work,but he definitly said it was a 4.3 vortec. he said some guy from the toronto area did all the work, and cost him a pretty penny too. i havn't seen the car so who knows im callin bs. but what do i know?

·
David
839 Posts
yeah i asked he said that it came from a blazer, i was pretty sure the heads wouldn't work,but he definitly said it was a 4.3 vortec. he said some guy from the toronto area did all the work, and cost him a pretty penny too. i havn't seen the car so who knows im callin bs. but what do i know?
in the car world just about anything is possible. BUT this is highly extremely unlikely.

BTW the 2004r bolts right up to any chevy engine as it has a dual bell housing bolt pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts