Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much HP can 36 lb injectors support
on a fairly stock setup?
What kind of 1/4 mile times are 36 lbs injectors good for until you need to upgrade them due to engine mods?
I am currently running the 36 lb inj.
Thinking of upgrading soon. But if I can spend money elsewhere. I will.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The real answer is it depends. You can easily go low 12's, depending on the combo (which you didn't include). So depending on turbo, intercooler, down pipe etc, it will be easier or more difficult/expensive to get there.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I went 11.80's with ease with bluetops. A friend of mine has gone 11.54 and and hangs around 11.60 most of the time. I think 11.20 is the fastest I've seen posted. But this all depends on combo.
If you plan on running anywhere in the 11's I would choose MSD50's They are easy to get chips for and run like stock on the street. The 42lb injectors Can do it too but need more work to get them to have street manners.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Night Train:
The real answer is it depends. You can easily go low 12's, depending on the combo (which you didn't include). So depending on turbo, intercooler, down pipe etc, it will be easier or more difficult/expensive to get there.
Turbo, IC, & downpipe are all stock for now.

ULYCYC:
I went 11.80's with ease with bluetops. A friend of mine has gone 11.54 and and hangs around 11.60 most of the time. I think 11.20 is the fastest I've seen posted. But this all depends on combo.
If you plan on running anywhere in the 11's I would choose MSD50's They are easy to get chips for and run like stock on the street. The 42lb injectors Can do it too but need more work to get them to have street manners.
The MSD50... That the 1 that works with stock comp or is that the 1 that needs new drivers for the Comp?
I'd like to eventually upgrade the inj. I do want streetability.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
50's work with a stock computer. 55's and up need driver's changed. I thought 36lb (bluetops) were the best idling & street injectors made. Until I installed MSD50's They cost more but I think they are worth it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The answer to your original question is you dont need to upgrade now. The stock turbo cannot outflow a set of blue tops. Once you get a turbo and start trapping over 115mph, they will be maxed.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aight.
Thanks for the input guys.
Will keep the thought of 50's in mind.
What's the saying...
"Do it once.... Do it right." I don't think that's it.
But.... It'll do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts