Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a 3" dp and was looking for some input on the subject?
Any opinions on the 2 piece from poston or kirbans? also what would be a good replacement TC to run with my set up? thanks Sal :6:

·
Registered
157 Posts
the 3 inch downpipe from kirbans in my opinion is a waste of money. i had it for a week and had all kinds of rattles. save your money and get a terry houston downpipe. its more money but its definatelly worth it. as far as a converter you could go with a pro torque 10 inch, it stalls at like 3200 and is great on the street and would be good when you upgrade down the road. :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
As far as the dp goes, any of the options will perform the same for you. As far as appearance goes...or fit...I would probably go with this one these days

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53044

As far as converters go...for the TA49, the best performance will come from a stock converter to a 2800 max stall. Any more will burn the tires, but, not necessarily translate into a quicker car.

If you plan on going bigger on the turbo, then I would look at a 9 to 10 inch converter...still stalled around 2800...then have it restalled when you do go to the bigger turbo...but, unless you have a problem with the current one, why buy a converter? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts