Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some video this weekend to make sure the car was ready for sale and had to do a little "test drive" down my favorite spot along the coast. Shifting at 7K RPM and 1st-4th then dipped into 5th. Windows are down and you can tell we are moving with the wind noise once in 4th.

'93 RX-7/LS1/T56
Stock 23K mile LS1 shortblock with Katech rod bolts
AFR 205cc heads, LS6 intake, ported TB, TSP 233/239 .603/.600" 112LSA cam
1 7/8" headers, dual 3" Magnaflow cats, Xpipe, muffs (sounds good)
T56, 3:90 RX-7 rear end with clutch pack style LSD (factory Turbo 2)
coilovers, delrin bushings, 13" AP brakes front, 12.4" '99 RZ brakes out back
49.5% weight up front and 50.5% rear and 285/30/18 tires = 1.13g's

1st thru 4th shifting at 7K and dipping into 5th. We were flying.

http://media.putfile.com/LS1FD-140mph-in-the-Sunset-SF

Last year at my first track outing with the car at Thunderhill Raceway (NorCal). 3rd-4th shift (short vid/crappy quality)

http://media.putfile.com/LS1FD-Thunderhill-flybye-

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow Power to weight with the LS1/LS6 with the T-56 is blistering. :yup: I like the gen 3 motors a lot being that my older brothers jumped on them after done with the buicks awhile back one has a 02 WS6 H/C and the other 04 GTO also H/C both M6's. I have yet to run them but I have a feeling I will definitly need Alcy to be a good run for them because they keep pulling :headbang: That a nice hybrid you got there you might be able to get a good run with a 06 ZO6 :headbang:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racer X- when I installed the T56 it was freshly rebuilt/blueprinted unit with steel shift forks, carbon blockers, upgraded synchros, and cryo'd. $1500 with no core. It has always shifted beautifully even after some powershifting at the strip (foot to the floor on the gas while upshifting).

LSx technology is pretty incredible. Most gaskets are reusable, individual coil packs per cylinder, stock heads that flow 230cfm, warmed over heads that flow 300-350cfm+, stock LS6 intakes ($300 used) can support 1000rwhp+ with forced induction, stock LS1 cranks support 1000rwhp+ ($175 used), excellent factory computers that can be highly tuned, and good oiling systems. I'm a convert for sure.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scottie- I'm building a 600rwhp n/a LS7 with factory dry sump oiling FD RX-7 next.

Motor is currently being machined/assembled (stronger than a crate LS7 setup). I found a mint condition silver/black FD for the transplant a few weeks ago; hence mine being up for sale.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
thats so sick!!! and i bet it has perfect street maners! my friends LS1 build up has a basic bolt ons with a nitrous/supercharger/turbo cam in it (upcoming project ;) )with that he had it dyno tuned and got 373 rwhp smoking the clutch. now with a good clutch and new heads and LS6 intake he's going for 425rwhp. this is in a 87 monte ss :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts