Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow ! 25 years ago I rolled out of red Rose Buick here in Lancaster in my new 87 GN ....where has the time gone? :confused:

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Congrats! :6::usa::cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
WoW....thats great!!!!

25 years ago, I remember going to Martin Buick (the dealer across the street from FUDDS!!) I saw a beautiful black Buick in their showroom! There was a whole bunch of people mulling around the car!! I asked what was up...they said they were having a lottery with these people so one of them could win the "OPPORTUNITY" to purchase the car!!!! I was thinking WTF....just to buy this car??? Upon further investigation I found this car was the infamous GNX!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow ! 25 years ago I rolled out of red Rose Buick here in Lancaster in my new 87 GN ....where has the time gone? :confused:
I might have seen your car in the showroom. I worked at Park City, and I stopped by to look at it (don't worry, they didn't let me sit in it !) They asked me if I wanted to trade my brand new "T" !! What ?? You mean the one I ordered exactly how I wanted, and just picked up 2 months ago ??
I had a good laugh.
They did treat that showroom GN like it was Gold!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have seen your car in the showroom. I worked at Park City, and I stopped by to look at it (don't worry, they didn't let me sit in it !) They asked me if I wanted to trade my brand new "T" !! What ?? You mean the one I ordered exactly how I wanted, and just picked up 2 months ago ??
I had a good laugh.
They did treat that showroom GN like it was Gold!
This one never made it to the showroom . I was passing the dealer and they had just unloaded this and a silver t-type. Came back around 15 minutes later and the salesmen were joyriding in the T . I went in next morning and Bought the GN . I was told this was going to be the only 1 they would get . Actually they ended up with 15-20 different GN's in 1987. Originally the dealer had to sell 2 T's to get a GN and the production total was going to be 4000 cars. Well we all know what happened to that huh? $16900 sticker I got for $15600 . Dealer in Harrisburg was 1K over sticker. 1st time I'd ever seen a dealer markup was on the GN.:yup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WoW....thats great!!!!

25 years ago, I remember going to Martin Buick (the dealer across the street from FUDDS!!) I saw a beautiful black Buick in their showroom! There was a whole bunch of people mulling around the car!! I asked what was up...they said they were having a lottery with these people so one of them could win the "OPPORTUNITY" to purchase the car!!!! I was thinking WTF....just to buy this car??? Upon further investigation I found this car was the infamous GNX!!!!!
uummmm....INFAMOUS is not the correct word in this. Means going down in history with a bad reputation . I guess it depends on how you define the word "BAD" :wink::wink:

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
:cheers: Asking myself that more and more, "where has the time gone?"

Chuck

·
Registered
108 Posts
$16900 sticker I got for $15600 . Dealer in Harrisburg was 1K over sticker. 1st time I'd ever seen a dealer markup was on the GN.:yup:
$16,949 sticker, I paid $16,004 with tax & tags.
Klick-Lewis in Palmyra PA
$49 over invoice!

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
$16,949 sticker, I paid $16,004 with tax & tags.
Klick-Lewis in Palmyra PA
$49 over invoice!
I bought my 84 from Klick-Lewis also, $49 over invoice.....

Chuck

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had an order in at Klick Lewis for a long time - gave up waiting and bought the one at Red Rose .

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
I had an order in at Klick Lewis for a long time - gave up waiting and bought the one at Red Rose .
Congrats Dave!! I hope you treated her to a luxury car wash and special racing fuel for the occasion. You know she deserves it:D:D Happy new year Bro, see ya soon.

·
87 Turbo T
342 Posts
Bought mine in 87, sat outside for 15 years until I built a garage, now he's nice and dry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts