Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they suppost to idle like a stock cam?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine has just a hint of a lope. Nothing that you can call choppy, but a slight lope.

------------------
86GN-X clone,206/206 cam,ported heads,port matched intake,poston's ceramic headers,ceramic crossover,Kirban 3" DP,KB 3" single exhaust,3" test pipe, Stainless ultraflow,Red Stripes,ATR 7th,BGC pump,Hotwire,Voltbooster,TB heat bypass,Joe Lubrant chips,scanmaster,KB ram air,K&N,as many wheel and tire combos as women have shoes, and a little bit of boost.

·
Registered
64 Posts
just my $.02
I just purchased a 212/206 dur .478/.456 lift cam for my TTA and then found out that the trans am's had a hotter cam from the factory and it was basically very similiar to the comp 206/206 and the stock cam has a very nice idle but since my engine is out and torn down anyways i went ahead and got the cam. Bottom line is if anyone can find all the specs on the factory TTA cam, it works very nicely and has a nice idle (and sent my car [email protected] with stock turbo, exhaust, and exhaust)

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chad! You need to install it"It pulls like a herd of bulls!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I took off next week to get all my goodies installed on the T-Type including Champion iron heads and the 206/206 cam! Can't wait!

Still waiting on that intercooler though.

------------------
Chad Schwartz (Mr. URL Sir-Links-A-Lot)
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

"The Need For Speed" Website
Cars, pictures, movies, screen savers, tech info, links, and more!

Alcohol Injection
Quick Links

'87 Grand National ([email protected] 1.70 60ft) 91 octane pump gas, 22 degree Extender, SMC alchy
'86 T-Type WH1 Under construction
'79 Hurst/Olds

·
Registered
125 Posts
I gotta agree with the pulls like a herd of bulls. As far as the idle being like stock, I'm not sure I could say it exactly like that. I feel like there is definately more of a pulse per cylinder. Maybe not so much a lope, but a pulse. Mine idles at 14" of vacuum and pulls HARD in the midrange. Now I do have mine advanced 2º, but that shouldn't affect the idle too much.

------------------
86GN-X clone,206/206 cam,ported heads,port matched intake,poston's ceramic headers,ceramic crossover,Kirban 3" DP,KB 3" single exhaust,3" test pipe, Stainless ultraflow,Red Stripes,ATR 7th,BGC pump,Hotwire,Voltbooster,TB heat bypass,Joe Lubrant chips,scanmaster,KB ram air,K&N,as many wheel and tire combos as women have shoes, and a little bit of boost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts