Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2013 Event will be at National Trail Raceway Friday August 2nd and Saturday August 3rd. We did look at other tracks and they were almost Double what we are paying now and did not include such amenities as the Jegs Suite, onsite Security at no extra charge, Golf Cart Rental as well as other amenities. We would have to hope for Double the car count or increase our ticket costs and in this economy neither was an option. Hours of operation will be from 8am to 8pm this gives the BPG enough time to run the event and You to get back to town to eat and socialize which is a big part of the event

The Host Hotel will be the Newark Metropolitan with the Hampton Inn as a overflow hotel. The Newark hotel is only 3.5 miles away. This Hotel has onsite a restaurant, a bar, multiple conference rooms, 24hr Room service. Outdoor eating area. We would once again like all trailers to be left at the Track security will be provided. The Hotel has proposed this package of $90 per night which includes a complimentary breakfast This is a sit down buffet style with real plates and silverware and 1 drink Coupon per person per night. The Hotel is Fine with our parking lot activities

The Cruise in. I hope to be able to close off the street in front of Hotel and arrange the cruise in to be held there they have diagonal parking and street is 1 block long.

Wanna be a BPG donor...here's a little incentive!!

If you've ever wanted to be a donor, but just needed a little more motivation...nows your chance to make this the highest purse paid out at a Buick event! We have a "donor" who's willing to match all other donations, something that we've never had before. They will match 100% of all cash donations (with cash) and 50% of all gift certification donations (with cash). How awesome is that?!

I'm hoping to make this the greatest payout in our club history and I'm hoping to get a ton of support from our racers next year. Let's make it great!

Coastal Staffing LLC and Virginia Staffing Group LLC will match all other race sponsors up to $6500.00 for the following races. Q16, BCO, THS, TSM, TSO, B1 and B2.

And a big HUGE thank you to all our donors who are behind us year after year. We appreciate all the help and will continue to do our best to send more customers your way! It's a win/win situation for all of us

EDIT: and on top of all this good news...our King of the Hill race will be returning again next year with the winner getting $2500 CASH and runner up receiving $1000 CASH. GUARANTEED! Hope this early notice will get ALL our winners to stay until the end of the event next year and join us in this great "best of the best" race! Thank you Coastal Staffing and Virginia Staffing for all you do!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
So who's all going from the club? This event is only 3 weeks away! I'm heading out Thursday around noon this year. If your going to attend post away so we can set up a MAGNA area in the pits as in years past!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's a little far for me being that all my vacation time is scheduled already. Sounds like a good time though.

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Anyone else going? Planned on taking the boys again this year, family tradition. Pulling out of York Thursday morning in the GN, if all goes according to plan.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Chuck - I will be there. Don't think I'm driving the GN this year though - need to get it inspected and not sure if I'll get it done in time.

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
I will be there..

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Chuck - I will be there. Don't think I'm driving the GN this year though - need to get it inspected and not sure if I'll get it done in time.
I mentioned to the boys about taking the Tundra this yr if I didn't get the car together in time. Travis told me that we're not showing up in rice to the BPG Nat's, to me it wouldn't matter how we get there, but it is a great road trip. The boys love all the attention that we get cruising down the highway...
John and Paul, you guys heading out with Rich this year?

Chuck

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Don't think I'm gonna make it to BPG this year...

Gina and I have been traveling all over the place and it seems like it's been non-stop. It's a shame too, because we have so much fun at this event.

Sorry guys.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I just scored a room at the long sold out host hotel (Newark Metro). I still have my room booked at the old host hotel (Hampton) that is now the overflow hotel for this year and that is also long sold out. It's a double queen. If anyone wants it let me know by tomorrow eve and I'll transfer it over. If not I'll just cancel the room at the old host hotel (Hampton) on Tuesday eve.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
I'm probably going to ride with Mr. C this time. I enjoy taking the Buick and encourage anyone else to do so, I've done it several times now but I'm trying to save a few bucks at the moment. Plus I dont think anyone needs to see my rustbucket.

·
Registered
777 Posts
We are out for most everything this year. My treatments are every six weeks at Hopkins in MD, so not much time for anything. Cecil is a maybe.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
We are out for most everything this year. My treatments are every six weeks at Hopkins in MD, so not much time for anything. Cecil is a maybe.
I already saw you at OCMD... that's all I can take. :) j/k. Take good care!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Gotta say...I was reconsidering driving the Buick this morning, cruising to work with the tops off on a perfect 70 degree morning, but I dont think it was meant to be...muffler has a hole and failed inspection :-( This has not been my month, the harder I try to move forward with anything, the harder the world pushes back.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Is anyone on the fence about going? I think I still have a room reservation for the former host hotel - going to cancel it today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will be there, First time ever!! looking forward to it .I think im still a MAGNA member,Im bringing 2 possible future members. we are all from south of Pittsburgh.Looking forward to meeting you guys.:cheers:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Truck is loaded and ready to go..just need to toss Beer and Bag in truck and I am off at 4:30am....and before anyone says she is sagging...Truck is on an incline and I do have a weight distribution Hitch with sway control

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I will be there, First time ever!! looking forward to it .I think im still a MAGNA member,Im bringing 2 possible future members. we are all from south of Pittsburgh.Looking forward to meeting you guys.:cheers:
Make sure you find Jeff and me! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts