Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this 87GN of mine has me 2 steps away from selling her,and getting rid of the headache's she causes.? why would hotwire for the FPump behind the alt burn-out,i mean 30amp fuse was also burnt to a crisp along with wireing.yesterday only got to 15lbs of boost and rocker arm shaft broke on #1,I did have a spare shaft in the trunk so fixed that in 30minutes.but I'm really getting tired of her breaking up.I don't mis-treat her so can't she handle the mods given to her.She has t-tops,new te-60,v4,50msd,c/c 206-206,pp heads,smc alky,casper thumwheel,3000 tc,2 air bags and boxed lower control arms.will post pics soon so someone can make offer,was offered 15grand last year and I refused it.wife bought it for me 13yrs ago.any suggestion's. angrymou

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Yup,quit complaining and fix it.You think these are a pain,try some of the newer cars.
Check your hot wire for a short to ground.
Might be the culprit.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fixed the damn thing last night.it's grounded in the trunk on a brace,don't think anything in trunk can cause it to short.fuse just didn't short,it burnt through the fuse and wire. :D

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
So the positive side isn't grounded out?
That's good.
I ran an 8 gauge wire from the ground point in the corner of the trunk[driver's rear] to battery negative.
I then grounded the fuel pump to that.
Try that,it might help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What you are experiencing in terms of frustration (I KNOW!!) is caused by

-------------YOU-------------
Not the car. Machines have problems and solving those problems using a specific algorithm to do so will complete your objective.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Jim, there is definitely something in the drinking water out there in Humble!

The car is always responsible for my frustration-especially since I became single.....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well found out why car hesitated,#3inj dis-conected some how when I put her back together.runs gggreeaaat now,maybe i'll just keep her.what is al gore? I don't think doctor told me I had it last week when I went for check-up?? don't seem like I hurt anything ,spooled to 20lbs on test drive on freeway no knock :D

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
angrymou OOPS! :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
"The proof is in the Pudd'n"

Have a nice day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts