Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my left turn signal i think has a small short or problem with it over all because when i turn it on, it doesnt illuminate as bright as it should and slightly turns on the high beam light. Its almost as if its sharing the current between the two bulbs. I took apart the dash as far as i could go without removing the odometer cable cause i have no idea how to do that) and both bulbs are intact and working, just seem to not have full power when theyre activated because theyre both lighting up. HELP!!

2nd i have the two "turbo power" lights, one yellow one orange, that light up when you hit the throttle. I figured the yellow one is for low boost and orange for high or full boost. The orange one lights up fine all the time, the yellow would light up here and there after driving the car for a bit. While messing with the above mentioned problem, i noticed that if i pressed on trip meter reset button, it would illuminate the yellow light. Sadly after trying it three times, it stopped turning on and now no longer turns on at all, only the orange will illuminate under boost. Any ideas?:6:

·
Hired Wrench
125 Posts
Maybe you are not making good connection at a few points on the dash main connector. You would probably need to release the speedo cable to get access. There is a metal tab you need to depress as you pull the cable back.

Then remove the connector, take a pencil eraser and clean up both the terminals on the connector and the terminals on the dash itself. The copper terminals can become oxidized and stop making a proper circuit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, ill be giving John a call. The car is on great condition and its just these two little issues that are bugging me. Well that and I need a sun shade for my astroroof that u can't seem to find anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts