Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mark and I just purchased my second Turbo Regal.....

23,830 original miles... with a few goodies.

•Turbo: TA49 with a polished compressor housing from Limit Engineering and HD actuator
•Mease Performance big-neck, stock-appearing IC with custom aluminum shroud
•Big Mouth Cold Air Kit
•RJC Power plate
•Poweder coated stock plenum
•BOP angle boss IAC relocator
•Walbro 307 (hotwired)
•Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator
•009 42.5lb injectors
•GNX 02 sensor
•Terry Houston SS downpipe mated to a Terry Houston Jersey Dump pipe
•ATR SS 2.5” dual exhaust with stainless steel ATR Pitbull mufflers
•Aluminum driveshaft by Dynotech Performance Engineering ) – 3”
•Aluminum brake drums
•Bilstein shocks
•Pro Torque 10.5” L/U converter, 3,000 stall
•Dynotech Performance Shift Kit (by Eric Shertz)
•Spohn Rear Drag Bar
•Red Armstrong Plug Wires (I run AC Delco C443TS plugs)
•Custom embroidered hood insulator by IMM Auto Specialties
•Polished Aluminum Battery Cover by DC Tech
•Polished Aluminum Radiator Cover by DC Tech (with Buick Motorsports cut out – one of one to exist I believe)
•Polished Aluminum Turbo Shield by DC Tech
•Buick Motorsports Valve Covers
•Gbodyparts.com Aluminum Radiator with engraved radiator fill cap
•Autometer Ultra-lite 35PSI boost gauge mounted on custom hood bracket that mounts to the under-hood light
•Spectra Premium gas tank
•Front and rear Kirban frame braces.

Just took the kids out for the first ride, and had them smiling from ear to ear!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I still have the stock wheels and tires...The cool thing is this car came with a ton of history. The owners have kept a log book of all maintenance and repairs to the car with mileage documented. I have all the repair receipts.

The car needs a few things fixed from not being driven: The headliner is starting to bubble in a few places and the rear main leaks, but so did my last one.

The driver side rear quarter and door have had some repair at some point or GM did a horrible job with paint prep. The paint quality is awesome but the prep work is questionable. I'm extremely picky, most people won't even see it. I was told that the car still wears it's original paint.

There are a few door dings, and a notable dent in the hood from where someone pushed down too hard when they closed the hood. I'm hoping that the dent-less repair guys can remedy those issues. Again, I'm picky!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The previous owner stated that the car hasn't seen rain or snow (ever?). When the car was delivered this week, it was sprinkling but it was only in that for 30 seconds or so.

The door bottoms are spotless. You can eat off the underside of this car!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The interior is stock with a few issues that need attention:

The rear speakers are dry rotted and need replaced. (The power antenna still works!)

I have the factor floor mats in the trunk and are used only when showing. The after market turbo mats are used for daily driving.

Attachments

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Nice looking car, welcome to the site.

I hear you about the dry rotted speakers, mine started sounding REALLY bad this spring and then I looked in the trunk and noticed the speaker surrounds crumbled and lying on the trunk floor!!! :eek!: A new set of speakers and it sounds much better now. :yup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So when I climbed under the car, I found that it wasn't the rear main seal on the motor leaking. The passenger side valve cover gasket is leaking like no bodies business. It has a cork gasket currently in place. This is a much easier fix!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts