Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Brandon and my Dream car is a Grand National. I own a 83 T-type and I was just wondering if I could get some tips on how to turn my T-type to a legit looking GN. I know some people would say keep it original but this is my dream car...on a budget

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Paint it black, buy a GN spoiler, GN grill, black out trim, GN interior, GN hood, GN wheels, and GN emblems.

Or you could spend about the same amount of money and have an actual GN that needs the same work done to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I might do a custom interior...I know a guy. How different are the grills? from 83 (t-type) to 84 (GN)?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can pick up a REALLY nice GN for under 10K man. Now I realize the typical T Type may come a bit cheaper but by the time you get it looking just like a GN youd of been better off selling and buying the real thing and maybe even have some money left over for some nice performance goodies. Just my .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I bought the t-type for 600 from a guy who just wanted to get rid of it...It needs some body work and some paint but I am learning on how do it myself from some pros. Its a project car looks like I can probably get the spoiler and the emblems from around what I paid for the car...I am going to use different wheels than the GN ones...For price I think my time will be the most expensive fixing rust and applying bondo for all the dings everything on it. How different is the 83 grille to the GN?:6:

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
84 and up nose is different. If the car is rusted to the point of holes you might just want to part her out and save yourself a lot of headaches. I've got 3 cars and between them it will make 2 with very little left over. The main parts car is the 83 T so I can fix my 82 GN. The 83 regal NA will be fixed from parts left over when I get done with the 82. I've just about got everything to do the work but money is tight right now so I'm on hold.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Budget ???? now that was funny :headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts