Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have Kumo MX 255/45/17 which are 26' tall. I need more traction on the street and the track and putting slicks on at the track isn't an option. I see the nitto's drag radials are 275 40 17 but are 25.7 which would lose MPH at the end of the track and a higher rpm,but would it be that much? Any other suggestions would be cool.

thx mike

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
17's and traction..lol I don't think they go together..315/35R17 notch the frame :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
if traction is possible on 17s and still be a 26" tall , then the MT et radials are the only tire that will get you the most that your restrictions will be capable of
you wont see a lot of miles on them but traction should be as good as its ever going to get

Mickey thompson 275/40-17 et street radial

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MTT-3743R&N=115&autoview=sku

they told me 16s wouldnt hook either a few years back and i have never seen a gain in trap speed using 28" over the 26" tire and ets have always been better for me on the 26" , what does change is your rpms and if your trap speed puts your rpms too high than either use Overdrive or get a taller tire
both times below in sig are on 26" et street radials 255/50 16" tires . the 86 times were done using overdrive, the 87 times done in D

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
As far as the height difference....

What would be 110 mph with a 26" tire would be 108.71 mph with a 25.7" tire.

The difference in your 60' time should more than make up for that loss... :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
the best 60ft I've been able to get is 2.0 with nitto dr's,mph 106.but now they tell me my converter may be wrong. I'll be looking into pat's 10in soon if my baby don't get sold. take a look.......in the waiting room[looking for jack]can't download pics at this time.... :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts