Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i run 100 % 108 do i need to bump up the timing to take full advantage of the fuel or can i just turn up the boost to around 25 lbs .ive heard that c-16 needs more timing to spool up good is 108 the same way.right now im running 11.40s at 120 on 100 octane and 19.5 lbs of boost and 18 degrees timing. i just want to sort out my suspension and boost it up run high tens.i know that im not running it as hard as i can .i just want it to last .this car is never on a trailer and i want to be a fast car that drives to and from the track with good reliability. thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would run atleast *22 of timming on 108 octane. Few more pounds of boost would'nt hurt either. cheers

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: TurboShane ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
More timing, to a degree, helps....but, just start bumping the boost until you are on the verge of seeing retard and then knock a pound off for margin.

Timing depends on combination. I know of nine second cars that run 23 degs and I know of others that run 26 or so.

I think that smaller turbos are more tolerant of higher timing and larger turbos like less...that is more observation and experience than pure theory. I would say 24-26 is a good range that is not too extreme. No matter what is used, ease up on the boost...there ain't no magic numbers.. :) If it seems to be on the edge of detonation at a relatively low boost, crank some fuel to it....

C16 does seem to be harder to spool and may require a leaner launch fuel curve to achieve optimum.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks .the main reason i just want to turn up boost is to get in the range where my turbo is more efficient. pt-72 at 19 lbs my turbo is just getting started.and i have local 108 fuel.i am running a thumbwheel with 18 and 24 degrees timing ill try bothind see what it likes. thanks

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you are using the ME, then go to the top half of the tw for 24.....ease up on the boost...Steve will tell you C16. You might have to lean the 0-4000 a bit for better spool if your converter is on the tight side, but, start at the default.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. im thinking of upgrading to the mafless max effert for next year i just hate to mess with the setup i have and start tunning all over again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts