Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
smoke 'em
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son's best run.......
1.61 60' 11.250 119.70 mph
turbo tweak 100 oct chip (alky) 24 lbs boost 110 oct. (no alky)
10 lb launch 28"mt slicks

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
That's a nice running car. Is that with the car in your sig, or another one?

·
smoke 'em
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine in my sig. I brought T.L. but we didn't hook it up. I know...... Anyways, we didn't even light up one green on Spina's knock. My son kept blowing our crossover pipe apart during every run. (postons) I took it off today and will weld it soon.
Banning, your in the tens..... What kind of 60' will I need and how much more boost can I throw at this pt61 to do anything 10's? We ran it at 24lbs. no kr. My car with driver is 3480. My son is 200lbs. No glass, all steel. No air.
Dave

·
369 Posts
Grey- nice run! I'm curious to how much timing you were running with the TT chip? Thanks, Joe :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Nice run!! :cheers: :)

·
smoke 'em
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me go peek quick.

·
smoke 'em
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric marked it 21/23 deg.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
grey1 said:
Mine in my sig. I brought T.L. but we didn't hook it up. I know...... Anyways, we didn't even light up one green on Spina's knock. My son kept blowing our crossover pipe apart during every run. (postons) I took it off today and will weld it soon.
Banning, your in the tens..... What kind of 60' will I need and how much more boost can I throw at this pt61 to do anything 10's? We ran it at 24lbs. no kr. My car with driver is 3480. My son is 200lbs. No glass, all steel. No air.
Dave
Looks like you have all the parts to get the job done (the 10's).

Regarding the 60' I'd say you'd want to be in the high 1.5's (1.57-58) or better. You might be able to do that by leaning out the fuel at launch and also throwing a little more timing in the chip. My car always liked a straight 26* race chip.

However we have a club member (MAGNA) that is knocking on the 10 second door with a TE60 and only a 20* timing chip...
http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52554

Good luck,
-Banning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts