100 Canadian GN 1984 - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Miscellaneous > The Waiting Room

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

100 Canadian GN 1984

In 1984, of the 2000 Grand Nationals produced, only 100 were imported into Canada.

Mine was one of 4 in the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area (Harvey Pontiac Buick in Pembroke Ontario).

Are you one of the 99 others? I posted this question to the "hot air turbo buick" section of facebook.

By my count, so far, six of the original 100 have replied:
Chris-tian Godin Edmonton Alberta
Cody Chaput Pembroke Ontario
Shaun Wakefield Edmonton Alberta
Dan Keeler Kawartha Lakes Ontario
Alex Felder Vancouver British Columbia

I am looking to identify as many of the original 100 1984 Grand Nationals imported to dealers in Canada. I will summarize and produce a document for everyone who is interested.

Tell your story, here is mine:-I bought my '84 in 1988 from Dan Davis a cell phone guy, in Kanata, Ontario. I wanted it as pristine as it could be so I took it to and ex-Turpin Pontiac Buick employee who identified tons of Fed Gov emissions warranty work. He delivered it to Turpin. They called to tell me the car was ready - bottom line - car and keys were stolen from their lot - inside job - of course - police did nothing. Car found in the bush with engine knock and tranny clunk. That's my story - enjoyed the car for 30+ years - daily driver.

So, if you own one of the 100 1984 Grand Nationals imported into Canada, let me know so I can include you in the current "registry". Tell me your story if you wish. Post here, pm me, join the facebook "Hot Air" group and post there, or send an email to [email protected]

Thanks
Phil Errett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement