Whats the diffrence? - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Turbo TransAm Specific

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Whats the diffrence?

Can someone give me a littel lesson on the diffrence between the lc2 in the buicks from 87 to the lc2 in the Trans ams in 89?
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T/ 3.8 SGI Block, Fully Built/ Precision 6262/ Terry Huston DP/ LT1 MAF/ Hotwire and Walbro 340/ VDO Boost, Water, Oil/ Caspers Knock Gauge/ AEM Wideband , AEM Fuel pressure Gauge/ 2800 9.5 lockup TC/ And far too many butt hurt mustangs
YGspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

LC2 in Turbo Buicks VS TransAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGspider View Post
Can someone give me a littel lesson on the diffrence between the lc2 in the buicks from 87 to the lc2 in the Trans ams in 89?
I really don't know too much, but understand the Turbo Trans Am using the LC2 used different cylinder heads in order be able to fit the exhaust into the engine bay.They use a different exhaust manifold / header system & used a different down pipe too.

Might be mistaken, but think the cylinder heads came with exhaust guide / valve seals, unlike the Turbo buicks which do not

TA's came with vacuum brake system, no power master here.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

dave

BPG #2243

87 GN -.Extreme Automatics Stage II 200-R4 Transmission, with Hughes Deep Pan, PTS 9X11 TC, .63 A/R Precision DBB 5857SP Turbo, RJC boost controller, adj HD waste gate, TA Headers, 3" THDP, 3" Hi-Flo Metal Matrix Cat, 2.5 " SS ATR Exhaust with pit bull mufflers, PTE SLI , 4" Tin Man CAI, 3.5" MAF Pipe, Z06-85mm MAF, 62mm Plenum & Throttle Body, 60#injectors, PowerLogger & AEM Wideband / AEM Electronic FP Gauge, Extender Extreme G chip, GEN II Translator, afpr, GS340 Walbro fuel pump c/w hot wire upgrade, 2.2 Scan Master, external trans cooler, HR PartsNstuff poly motor & trans mounts, new rubber body bushings, ALRADCO Aluminum Radiator, Ram Charger dual fans c/w relays, GNX Dash with VDO gauges, Caspers Knock Gauge, ScanMaster, all 4 body braces, QA1 front & rear coil overs, Auburn Pro Series Rear End.
1KWIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

You are right about the heads. They are Pontiac Heads from the Bonneville SSE due to the clearance issues. Better flow, more compression and it helped make the TTA get just over 300HP along with some of the GNX stuff.

Oil pressure sensor (switch) is under the oil cooler(filter) instead of on the block like the GNs. Programming is different too. Like having a GNX in a sleek body.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement