Turbo Control Center (knock retard box) - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > "Before Black"

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Turbo Control Center (knock retard box)

Does anyone know the signal level and polarity of the "Delay" output of the Turbo Control Center?

I have a prospective customer with a non functioning Turbo Control Center. He wants to use our J&S knock controller in its place.

The diagram on this page shows I could remove the 5 pin module and connect the J&S directly to the magnetic pickup and the coil negative:

http://www.301garage.com/80_Turbo/80_T_Ign.jpg

Looking further, this page says you can connect a jumper from pin A to pin C of the four pin plug:

No_Spark

This implies I can leave the 5 pin module and TCC in place, and install the J&S in line with the "Delay" signal (Black wire).

The J&S can trigger from magnetic pickup, points or OEM electronic, or a digital input.

In addition to a coil driver output, the unit has a simulated magnetic output, and 5v digital output. The input and output trigger polarities are selectable.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Advertisement