TPS Position - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Turbo Buick Car Clubs > Manitoba Grand National Association

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to SnowMan
TPS Position

I remember reading once, if you place your TPS over 3.25 WOT it shuts your Air Conditioning off (problem I've right now> No AC). Is this correct? Should a person still set it over 4.50 as recommended by gnttype.org? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

What your talking about is just a feature that kicks the A/C out under really hard acceleration or WOT. I don't think this would be causing your lack of cold air. The TPS runs at idle around .38-.45V to a WOT range of 4.2-4.6V. Do you have a scanner? You could always jumper the wires on the TPS to check your zero and full scale readings and span, but I don't think that is your problem.

Is you’re a/C low? Did you press in the shrader valve to see if anything comes out? When did you first notice that you have no A/C?
forzfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

A/c

I noticed my A/c wasn't working at the end of last year and I read somewhere (can't remember) that by have the TPS over 3.25 at WOT will automatically shut the A/C off and make it blow hot air all the time. However, you're saying it only stops blowing A/C at WOT (maybe thats my problem, I've a heavy foot ) I had the A/C re-charged 3 years ago and would be surprized the systems lost all it's freon as it doesn't blow any cold air.

Thanks again for your help Nick.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted to BOOST

Doesn't matter how heavy your foot is, it would still blow cold at idle or when at a cruising speed. Your problem is either a low refrigerant charge or electrical.

1987 Buick Grand National (owned since 1996)
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4, Duramax Diesel, Allison 5-speed auto. (440,000km and going strong)
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan (Stow-N-Go)
1998 Jayco Eagle 26ft 5th wheel (30th anniversary eddition)
raregn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Many Thanks

As always, you guys have been more then helpful. Thanks again!

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement