Power Logger monitoring issues - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Chip Talk

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Power Logger monitoring issues

I am having a problem with my Power Logger monitoring when the car is running. The logger will not show the readings of any of the four parameters in the "graph" setting, but it will show the reading in the "guage" setting. now, if I am in the "graph" setting and i hold down the left mouse button down on the laptop, the graphs show all of the recorded data. The recorded data will continue to run until I let go of the left mouse button, then the recording stops. If I hold down the left mouse button again, the data that was recorded between the time I had let go of the mouse button and when I pushed it again appears in the graph.

So my question is, what did I do to my laptop?, or what do I need to do to my laptop to restore it to where it will show the recording of the data?

Or, is there something else I need to fix?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

later, Jeff.
gnjeff.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

So here is a little update on my original post. Now I am unable to get the power-logger to work at all. There is a little green LED that "usually" flashes (that can be seen where the power-logger is attached to the ECM) when the car is running, but now the light does not come on at all.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I will call a couple distributers of the power-logger and see what info they have.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Later, Jeff.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Jeff, the connection where the PL board slides on may need some cleaning.
It's important to get the contact points good and free of that factory sealer. Also, Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak) is very helpful. His website has a forum section where you can post questions like this if your a member.

Jim
High PSI Geezer

We the sheeple
gusszgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

So, what had happened was, the laptop had lost the "Drivers" for the datalogger. I don't know how or why.

There are some very good directions on re-installing the drivers of Eric Marshall's website. Even I was able to re-install the drivers (and I am not a computer guy).

Thank you to all who assisted and to Eric for providing the support via his website.

Later, Jeff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement