Power Logger Help - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Buick V6 Turbo Tech

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Power Logger Help

When I save a file, and try to open it, I'm told that it cannot be opened and asks if I want to choose a program to open it. When I browse the programs, there is no way to open it.
218/212 Comp roller cam, Cat stroker, CPT66BB, PTE Stock Location IC, Champion iron, T&D roller rockers, 60# Mototron injectors w/Turbotweak chip, Monroe-ported throttlebody, RJC Power Plate, Jimmy-built trans w/Precision Vigilante converter, ATR SS dual exhaust, ATR rear sway, BMI upper and lower control arms, Edelbrock Performance shocks, Razor alky, Tinman cold air intake, MT street radials.
chrisgarrett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Never ending process!

Send a message via AIM to JBenn911 Send a message via MSN to JBenn911 Send a message via Yahoo to JBenn911
How are you trying to open the file ?? To review a saved log on the PLC, you just hit F3 to get to the Config and Download screen and choose Load
Attached Thumbnails
Power Logger Help-plc.jpg  

87 GN, Fast Company Powered
[email protected]

Hey Jim, WHICH MACKEY IS THAT ????
MAGNA Member

JBenn911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's what I did. Then it says it cannot open and asks if I want to choose a program to open it.
218/212 Comp roller cam, Cat stroker, CPT66BB, PTE Stock Location IC, Champion iron, T&D roller rockers, 60# Mototron injectors w/Turbotweak chip, Monroe-ported throttlebody, RJC Power Plate, Jimmy-built trans w/Precision Vigilante converter, ATR SS dual exhaust, ATR rear sway, BMI upper and lower control arms, Edelbrock Performance shocks, Razor alky, Tinman cold air intake, MT street radials.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Shouldn't the PL be installed into my programs? I have no way to install it. I can open it, but it's not installed.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Never ending process!

Send a message via AIM to JBenn911 Send a message via MSN to JBenn911 Send a message via Yahoo to JBenn911
OY! Go over to fullthrottletech.com and post it for Bob...Check your version of the software too, there was an issue some people had not being able to open up saved files... It's since been addressed...

[email protected]

MAGNA Member

Old 03-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Never ending process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgarrett46
Shouldn't the PL be installed into my programs? I have no way to install it. I can open it, but it's not installed.

It doesnt install, per se..You just drop the folder to My Documents and run the .exe file once you've connected to the ECM...

[email protected]

MAGNA Member

Old 03-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBenn911
It doesnt install, per se..You just drop the folder to My Documents and run the .exe file once you've connected to the ECM...
When I open My documents, is there a file marked exe. file?
Old 03-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Never ending process!

Under My Documents, there should be a Power Logger folder, inside of that there should be a file called PLC.exe(or just PLC with a grayish icon that says PL on it)...That is the file to launch the PLC software..

[email protected]

MAGNA Member

Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Okay, I have done that and I can launch the program, but I cannot open saved files.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scam Detector Enabled

If you exit the program and then restart it, will it open them?

Is it showing active data when you are in the monitor mode?

Did you upgrade to the latest version.....(version 1.0 should work, tho)

change the name of the file you recorded from xxx.dat to xxx.zip and hang it up here.

www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

I consider all posts on any Board to be my personal property as per the law and they may be used by anyone freely, but, no one can be charged to access my personal posts.
Steve Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scam Detector Enabled

see my comments on Fullthrottle forum

Steve Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement