Starter Wires??? - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Buick V6 Turbo Tech

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
I piss excellence!!!

Starter Wires???

Ok, I know there has been discussions and questions regarding this but I need to be very clear and have very clear instructions. I am in the middle of replacing my old clunky starter with a new mini start from Mike. Now as I look at the old starter and compare to the new mini starter I notice some differences. one of which is the placement of the connections. It seems there is two large connections and one small one on the mini while I can only see one large connector and one small one on the orginal starter. Now I only see connections going to the large connector that has the positive wire going to it. the small has nothing going to it. Now if I place the mini starter up in the same postition it would be once installed these connectors do not add up. On the mini there is a connector that already has something connected to it that is going from the solenoid to the actual starter, is that where the positive wire goes along with the red and brown wire? people who have the mini should know exactly what connector I am talking about. Is there more wires that get connected that I cannot see because of the placement or is there only what seems to be 3 wires (red,brown and positive wire) I think I feel some other wires but cannot be sure since I can only feel and not see.

Please see picture and maybe that might help everybody out. I know the picture sucks but something I did real quick in paint.

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: bmp starter.bmp (490.7 KB, 558 views)
1987 Buick Grand National,3" THDP with dumper, 3" Torque Tech exhaust with race Dynomax Ultraflo's, 60#er's, hd valve springs, RJC powerplate, xp hotwired, volt booster, ta 61 w. 63 housing, 17 row stock location, Street/Strip trans by Eric Schertz (RIP), 9.5 viglante 3000 stall L/U
couple of other goodies, its nice to be fast...

11.69 @ 117.22 -- with stock unopened motor and stock heads.. Suck on that Sean

2006 JCC Rookie of the year ... Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

BPG #: 1971
joenational is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Orlando_87GN
The large wires go on the large empty post. The small wire goes on the small post.

------------------------------------------------
1987 Buick Grand National
Budget 4.1, 204/214 cam, TA-49 Turbo, Stockish Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, Translator plus Extender powered. 3680# with pilot
------------------------------------------------
1993 Mazda RX-7 4.1 Buick Powered
11.20 @ 128mph (2.4 60')!
Orlando_87GN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
I piss excellence!!!

On the mini starter it seems that there is two large posts and one small. Whick go where? I know this is a stupid questions but I have never changed this before.
1987 Buick Grand National,3" THDP with dumper, 3" Torque Tech exhaust with race Dynomax Ultraflo's, 60#er's, hd valve springs, RJC powerplate, xp hotwired, volt booster, ta 61 w. 63 housing, 17 row stock location, Street/Strip trans by Eric Schertz (RIP), 9.5 viglante 3000 stall L/U

Old 08-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Read what Mike said. One of the larger posts already has a wire attached to it from the starter. Place your large-ringed wires on the post with nothing on it. I think it would be the lower post. Place the small-ringed wire on the small screw.
218/212 Comp roller cam, Cat stroker, CPT66BB, PTE Stock Location IC, Champion iron, T&D roller rockers, 60# Mototron injectors w/Turbotweak chip, Monroe-ported throttlebody, RJC Power Plate, Jimmy-built trans w/Precision Vigilante converter, ATR SS dual exhaust, ATR rear sway, BMI upper and lower control arms, Edelbrock Performance shocks, Razor alky, Tinman cold air intake, MT street radials.
chrisgarrett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
I piss excellence!!!

Yes, you are right I didn't see him say empty, read it to fast. Thanks

Have a lot on my mind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement