2012 Big Boat Bash and 25th Anniversary of the Buick GNX and 87 Buick Grand National - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Turbo Buick Car Clubs > Buick Racers in Toronto and Surrounding Areas

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not a Democrat any more..

Send a message via Yahoo to gbsean
2012 Big Boat Bash and 25th Anniversary of the Buick GNX and 87 Buick Grand National

The Buick Performance Group presents "Class of 1987 Buick Reunion and Big Boat Bash"

The Buick Performance Group along with

Doug Nigro, owner of The Official Buick GNX Registry at GNXREGISTRY.ORG
Dennis Kirban of Kirban Performance Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com
Richard Clark of ZDDPlus™ - ZDDP for Classic, Muscle Cars & More

... are proud to present -

"The Class of 1987 Buick Reunion and Big Boat Bash"

... featuring the Buick Muscle cars of 1987 - Its their 25th Birthday Party - the GNX, Grand National, Turbo T's and WE4's, as well as ALL the other fine cars Buick produced in 1987 including Century, Electra, LeSabre, Regal, Rivera, Skyhawk, and Somerset !! Bring your 1987 Buick to the greatest Buick Party ever, We hope again to have Buick Engineers as well as members of ASC Mclaren to present information on the GNX as well we having a GNX prototype on display.

On the Big Boat Bash side ... we picked that to honor YOUR Big Buicks !! Too often the "barges" are overlooked, but not this year ... Be it Big Block or Small Block ... Bring out your Station Wagons, your Electras, your Centurions, LeSabres ... Roadmasters, any big boat Buick you have and lets show the world that BIG IS IN !! Be it Buick Powered or Buick Bodied - BRING IT to the Big boat Bash for all to see and enjoy !! We've heard all you Boat owners say that its all about the Sky/GS/Regal and we've listened - so THIS IS YOUR CHANCE to show us your BIG BEAUTIFUL BUICK and even take it for a few passes down the 1320' if you dare ...

As in previous years, this is just the "theme" for our yearly event - aside from this ALL BUICK-bodied and BUICK-powered cars are welcome at our event, and all people - members and non-members alike - are always welcome

... more information to follow

www.buickperformancegroup.com

gbsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

GNX Update ...got an e-mail from former VP at McLaren who was responsible for the ASC conversion of the GN to a GNX and owns the final prototype that was used at the production plant as the "Master"for quality purposes. This will be a not to miss event

To introduce myself, in 1986-7, I was a vice president at McLaren responsible for the business interface with ASC and was the McLaren program director on the GNX program. From the time the model was conceived at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway until the final car was delivered, I led the McLaren product development and production support efforts on the program. (See the GNX book for my verification) I also own what is plated as Car000 which is the final prototype vehicle listed in the book and the one that was used in the production plant as a 'master" vehicle for quality purposes. This car has been mostly in storage until recently and now has about 1100 miles on it. I have shown it at private shows and it has been on display at the Woodward Dream cruise a couple of times.

I just received a letter that was sent to Wiley McCoy at McLaren telling about the GNX event next year and requesting speakers to come down to Ohio. I can tell you that even though I have been "off doing other things" since the end of my time at McLaren, I have a sincere passion about this project that transcends all of my other career work.

I would be happy to talk to you about participating in the event, my car and the program.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Louis Infante

I have verified this information and Rick aka X Ray will be also attending.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow things are really shaping up for the Buick Performance Group Class of 1987 event...We have Doug Nigro from GNXRegistry.org doing a power point presentation on the GNX We also have Brad Conley's GNX prototype as well as Rick Hunts GNX and all the information he can provide as well as Luis Infante who was VP at ASC McLaren and owns the car that was used for quality control at ASC. there also some other surprises that the BPG is going after...

we are trying to acquire a GNX engine on a stand from the Sloan museum,. We also have some of the engineers and production staff that were involved with the GN coming back as they had so much fun last year. We also have Lawrence Gustin who authored book on complete history of Buick and also about founders of GM. He is a genius and probably will do a presentation for us on history of Buick. He is getting me in touch with Mike Doble, head person in charge of GNX project and also David S. Sharpe, Chief Engineer of the GNX. Also Rick Hunt who has more GNX prototype and memorabilia than anyone will be there and former VP of ASC McClaren with GNX 000. Also going after Lloyd Reuss former Gen Manager of Buick and who actually became President of GM and his son is now head of N. American operations. He was Chief Engineer of Buick when GN came out as well. Also going after Bill Porter and Wayne Kady who designed the cars and Marty Schorr who wrote GNX book and was big in the PR version. We will have Wayne Sherman to do a presentation on tech for the Turbo cars and hopefully his friend Al Tomka will attend with his 79 Turbo Coupe again and talk about his work as Rod and Piston engineer for 3.8 block. just confirmed Dennis Kirban and Richard Clark will judge the GNX's and 87 GN's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement