Where to get Purolator Pure One Filters in Toronto Area?? - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Turbo Buick Car Clubs > Buick Racers in Toronto and Surrounding Areas

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2002, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Why have one ?

Post Where to get Purolator Pure One Filters in Toronto Area??

Anybody know where to find these filters (Part#PL 20033) in Toronto or surrounding areas ? Thanks.

Old 03-18-2002, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Have you tried performance improvements? I know it's mostly rice oriented but I remember seeing those filters there.

------------------
Chevy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Why have one ?

Smile

Can you say Performance Ripoff Improvements ? It's to bad that stores like that take advantage of perfromance car people . I went there today and asked about a Pure One Filter . There price was $19.32 (yeah right!!).You can get a K&N oil filter that's supposed to be better from "Parts Source" for $17 When the guy was searching in the computer . I happened to take a quick look around and saw alot of stuff that can be purchase else where for savings . Example : Mothers Liquid Wax- PI Price- $18.95 , Canadian Tire-$13.59 , Castrol Syn Gear Fluid - PI - $14.68 , Walmart - $10.49 . They must love when those Honda Civics pull up to the front door with guys with money falling out of their pockets jump out of the car . It would be cheaper to get stuff from the States and pay the duty rather then getting it from them .

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited March 18, 2002).]

Old 03-18-2002, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

I hear ya! I guess that's one of the joys of owning a performance car in Canada....

------------------
Chevy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Talking

You are right Tim, when the Honda guys pull in with their pants full of money, that must be why they hang down around their ass!

------------------
Brad Thompson,1987 GN"... the rolling Kirban and Cotton catalog. Black cars look better under boost!
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Spoolin Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Why have one ?

Smile

Hey Brad good one .

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited March 18, 2002).]
Old 03-19-2002, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tim,

Is that the blue purolator filter you are talking about. It's the size of the AC Delco PF52 filter. If it is... I got mine at Foster Pontiac Buick at Sheppard & Warden.
(it's too dark to crawl under the car to get the part#... or I else would)

Ask for Angelo... I always get my parts at wholesale prices. You can give him my name but I don't know if he actually knows my name!!!!

dave
channer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Why have one ?

I was able to get them from Warden Automotive (Midland Ave) . I took their last 4 . The price was $8.50 each . Not bad .

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited March 20, 2002).]
Old 03-20-2002, 07:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Question

Hey Guys, what is better about these filters say in comparison to the Delco PF-52? I run the 52. Does it have a better filter media or just more flow? Just wondering....
Brad
Spoolin Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Why have one ?

Brad , they are a far superior filter to the Delco all round . They rank in the top 3 . K&N has a real nice oil filter out but a little pricey ($17 Canadian).also Mobil 1 has a well ranked filter but $$$$$$ ($18 US). Do a search on Oil Filter Tests on the web and you'll see . The Purolator Pure One part# PL 24011 is the replacement for the AC Delco PF52 . And Pure One # PL 20033 is the replacment for the AC Delco PF24 (biggie oil kit filter). Good luck trying to find them . I had to email Purolator Head Office to find out who sells them in the Toronto area . They emailed me back with only 2 places. I phoned both places , only one had them in stock . I drove over and bought the last 4 they had . let me know if you find a good supply down your way. Fram Filters are CRAP!!!

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited March 20, 2002).]