alky kit sprays with key on engine off, works fine when running? - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

alky kit sprays with key on engine off, works fine when running?

hey guys, just installed a razors alky kit, wired everything in as per instructions, bought a new 3 bar map. when i turn the key on, the pump sprays? when i start the car the system works as it should. I have a funny feeling it has something to do with the 5 volt from the map sensor, considering the voltage may be high when the key is on but engine is off. i have an analog dash as well (saw a note in the instructions about wiring being different for digital cars and gnx's). any ideas? thanks!
87 Turbo T: Light Brown Metallic, Ta60, Alky Control, Precision front mount, 3 in dp, XP pump, Hotwire kit, 60lb injectors, TT chip, Billet Regulator, Valve Springs,Scanmaster, borlas, RJC Plenum plate, 3000 Stall, Trans go kit, air bags, sway bars, snubber, Drag radials, Seat Brace, High amp alternator, other crap

83 Hurst Olds: Fresh 307HO, flowmaster dumps, slow

80 Regal Somerset: disco biscuit, 301 4bbl

81 Riviera: Fathers car

01 F-150: DD
joeyg329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Make sure your signal wire is on the middle wire of your map connector. strip away wire and solder into it. Coat it with that liquid insulation stuff. Be sure you have 1.6 v ignition on only. If you want to exercise your map I regulate 20 pounds of air from my air hose and blow into it while you check for voltage rise to about 5v. Be sure your vacuum line is good or it doesn't work right period. If you loose your ground to the map it will cause a full throttle reading.
TT chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth pump set in spectra premium fuel level sender, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5 wires, header wrapped GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, 2 1/2 PYPES Race Pro exhaust, external evolution waste gate and boost control, 60 lb injectors, 60-1 4" inlet turbonetics turbo, LS1 MAF, gen 2 translator, ported polished shaved irons, 30 over, eagle crank, 212 212 comp cam, K&N oil and air filters, Polly motor mounts, 2800 stall, billit servos, 13 vain pump, REDs racing clutches and bands, shift kit, Enkei Classic mesh wheels.
bcn30141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement