pre-injection video footage. (with test results) - Page 3 - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #31 (permalink)

I have a 2000 PSI pump I turn down to 150 PSI. If you call it a 250 PSI pump its suppossed to deliver 250 PSI This has nothing to do with Devil's Own. Its industry wide. This is real easy, you take a pump, pressure gauge, nozzle, and apply 12 volts

The AIS stuff is Coolingmist. They now have a larger tank with a pump that mounts on it. Injection works irreguardless of what brand period. The difference is methodology, customer service, and experience tuning the particular product.

The 14 GPH is a chinese nozzle size. 15 gph is the Hago which is American made.

Lucas bough that pump a few years ago.. I was modifying FJO pieces for him that had valve failures. Glad he's put the stuff to great use.

I was testing a new pump yesterday that was pinning the 300 PSI gauge on an M15 nozzle. I have a video I need to make... when I slow down... i'm going to put up showing a 250 PSI Aquatec pump vs the Shurflo I sell. Be amazed at the differences in pressure curves, current, and pressure output.

If IAT's are low.. Turbo outlet temps are where they need to be.. why worry about pre-compressor
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #32 (permalink)

They can set it to 250 if the customer wants but I'm sure they don't because how much does the average single nozzle guy need? And I'm sure 100% pressure means more pump wear and tear.

Ya I knew AIS was selling the Coolingmist stuff, AIS is a new player and found the Big Block guys since the rest of the market was already taken. AIS seems to always recommend the 14gph, but with an 88mm comp wheel, it doesn't sound that big anymore.

Ya Lucas is a great showcase of Meth with E85 and how ditching the intercooler really helps tiny turbos play with the big boys.

See, now a pump like that would be great for a guy like me. I need a pump to flow at least 3 nozzles and keep the pressure up.

Now now, making comments about Preturbo after all we've seen over the last two years is rubish. You'll be spraying soon.

Rebuild #2, BLK/BL Paint w/Custom Metal Flares, VPE Stg 3 Heads, 210/215 Roller Cam, TA49, Billet Drum/Input, PTC 9.5", T Brake, Inland 3.5" DS, KB Plenum/70mm TB, Razor's Post Turbo & Devils Own Pre Turbo Alky Kits, 80lb Inj, Bosch 044 Pump & my custom fitting,-8/-6 SS Fuel Lines, MBC, Pwr Plt, Turbo Protector and -3 Feedline, Preluber, Z06 Maf, Translator, Volt Master, Poston Headers, THSS 3.5" DP/Test Pipe, SS 2.5" Y Pipe w/No Muffs, PST 2" Drop, Poly Bushings, Boxed Upper/Lower Arms, QA1 Rear Shocks, Vacuum Brakes, Aerospace 10.75" Brakes w/SS lines, Alum Drums, Polished Autodrags 15x8/15x10, Nitto 555R 275/60's
GNVYUS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNVYUS 1 View Post
They can set it to 250 if the customer wants but I'm sure they don't because how much does the average single nozzle guy need? And I'm sure 100% pressure means more pump wear and tear.
Think of what you just wrote.

You need the pump set to maximum and then use the controller to regulate down the pressure. Meaning a 250 PSI pump should be set to 250 PSI. If not, its not a 250 PSI pump In the event the motor overboosts and needs the 250 its there. Not that it runs at 250 PSI constantly.

A 250 PSI pump does not make 250 PSI when you apply 6 volts to the motor.

As far as what the average guy needs.. he needs as much as possible and not be limited by anything.

There is no additional wear setting a pump at 100 vs 250 as the pumps dont run long enough to create an issue.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2010, 03:34 AM   #34 (permalink)

I don't make the calls for DO so they'll have to chime in, but I see what you're getting at. One thing though is if some customers are pushing 250psi and they chose to set it to 200 for most, it still can be called a 250psi pump.

For DO, the calculator is how DO customers figure out what the average guy needs so I guess that ties the set 200psi pump pressure in for them.

I've yet to come across anything electrical/mechanical in life that when pushed to 100% lives as long as a fraction of that, but I'm not a pump expert so I'll take your word for it.

Anyways, let's get back to Preturbo and how it's working for those of us doing it.

This is a conversion thread and we've been sidetracked by the non believers.

Rebuild #2, BLK/BL Paint w/Custom Metal Flares, VPE Stg 3 Heads, 210/215 Roller Cam, TA49, Billet Drum/Input, PTC 9.5", T Brake, Inland 3.5" DS, KB Plenum/70mm TB, Razor's Post Turbo & Devils Own Pre Turbo Alky Kits, 80lb Inj, Bosch 044 Pump & my custom fitting,-8/-6 SS Fuel Lines, MBC, Pwr Plt, Turbo Protector and -3 Feedline, Preluber, Z06 Maf, Translator, Volt Master, Poston Headers, THSS 3.5" DP/Test Pipe, SS 2.5" Y Pipe w/No Muffs, PST 2" Drop, Poly Bushings, Boxed Upper/Lower Arms, QA1 Rear Shocks, Vacuum Brakes, Aerospace 10.75" Brakes w/SS lines, Alum Drums, Polished Autodrags 15x8/15x10, Nitto 555R 275/60's
GNVYUS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNVYUS 1 View Post

This is a conversion thread and we've been sidetracked by the non believers.
You should know by now you'll never get these guys to hoist you up on there shoulders and throw a party in your honor. I would like to say thank you for bringing this 80 year old proven method of extracting the most power from a turbocharged engine to the Turbo Buick community. You've documented and posted your positive results. What else can you do. I think what they're doing at riceracing.com seems to be the best and safest way to do this that I've seen so far. The effectiveness of this was well documented in the 30s and during WW2. The laws of physics haven't changed since then. Anyone running a turbocharged engine and not spraying water into the compressor isn't getting all the performance from their engine that they might otherwise.

You will observe with concern how long a useful truth be known
before it is generally received and practiced on.--Benjamin Franklin

Of course, this is only new to the Turbo Buick community and you'll be known as the person who brought it to us. Thank You.
Ttype6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Scam Detector Enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttype6 View Post
You should know by now you'll never get these guys to hoist you up on there shoulders and throw a party in your honor. I would like to say thank you for bringing this 80 year old proven method of extracting the most power from a turbocharged engine to the Turbo Buick community. You've documented and posted your positive results. What else can you do. I think what they're doing at riceracing.com seems to be the best and safest way to do this that I've seen so far. The effectiveness of this was well documented in the 30s and during WW2. The laws of physics haven't changed since then. Anyone running a turbocharged engine and not spraying water into the compressor isn't getting all the performance from their engine that they might otherwise.

You will observe with concern how long a useful truth be known
before it is generally received and practiced on.--Benjamin Franklin

Of course, this is only new to the Turbo Buick community and you'll be known as the person who brought it to us. Thank You.

If you think this is new to the Buick community, then you have been in the deep freeze for the past 20 years....but, thanks for a great laugh

www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

I consider all posts on any Board to be my personal property as per the law and they may be used by anyone freely, but, no one can be charged to access my personal posts.
Steve Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #37 (permalink)

so "Ttype6" what have YOU done

RX 7 ... Dual nozzle Alky is IN !! 27#s is a hell of a ride

92 Olds barge wagon .. Buick powered of course with Julio's Alkycontrol !! Billet 200R4 coming soon

Melissa's STREET GN with a dash of alky from ALKYCONTROL 9.94 @ 138.17. New junk coming soon

People swaping insults and other wise-ass remarks on the internet are like two dogs barking at each other thru a fence.
They usually start waging their tails when they come to an open gate.

86/87 GN and 89 TTA .. lots of parts !! Stuff has to go !!! email [email protected]
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement