SMC Meth Injection - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

SMC Meth Injection

I am new to this forum i have a question on how to operate the SMC Meth Injection system...

I bought a 87 Grand National that was equipped with a late model SMC injection on it... I will like to know how do i mix the 50/50 ratio or can i just run straight meth or Denatured alcohol... Also what is a good starting point to put the spray speed & pump speed...

Thanks Alot
bluezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
OK! Who Farted Again??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezone View Post
I am new to this forum i have a question on how to operate the SMC Meth Injection system...

I bought a 87 Grand National that was equipped with a late model SMC injection on it... I will like to know how do i mix the 50/50 ratio or can i just run straight meth or Denatured alcohol... Also what is a good starting point to put the spray speed & pump speed...

Thanks Alot
Welcome! Can you list what else is done to the car for mods. What chip are you running etc. As for the SMC straight methyl hydrate or denatured is fine. A start point try 12 min & 18-20 max for a test. You also have a knock detector of some sort I assume?
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car.
Special order by the VP of GM Canada not another like it! Still looking for current contact info for Mr. Nick Hall The phone number from build order is now expired. Any help is Appreciatted!!
http://articles.latimes.com/1989-12-...anadian-plants

Lots of Go Fast goodies!
11.5 is as Fast as I go!
2004 Black with 2 tone tan leather Yukon Denali for towing needs. Drives like a couch on wheels!

It's a Small World, but I wouldn't want to Paint It!!

BPG Member #2040

Just a Six?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Scam Detector Enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Six?? View Post
Welcome! Can you list what else is done to the car for mods. What chip are you running etc. As for the SMC straight methyl hydrate or denatured is fine. A start point try 12 min & 18-20 max for a test. You also have a knock detector of some sort I assume?
If he truly has a progressive smc kit with the external pump, that is good advice

www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

I consider all posts on any Board to be my personal property as per the law and they may be used by anyone freely, but, no one can be charged to access my personal posts.
Steve Wood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

If the kit is a few years old (round bottle with pump inside) you will have to use some sort of alky lube (Klotz,Redline etc) if you want to run straight Meth.
Forged stroker, 210/215 roller, T&D's
Pwrstroke FMIC, Lonnie D 200r4, PTC 9.5 N/L
3.5" BWR DP/Turbosmart 50 gate
HR parts bar, ISAC dual alky, 325/50's

Alky out. Race gas in.
WSLN 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
HOOAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Six?? View Post
Just as Just a Six says about mods etc...... I run Methenol as it cools better than alky and is about a third the price of Denatured Alchol.

Audie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement