Winter storage and alky system prep??? - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Winter storage and alky system prep???

Hi guys, I havn't driven the car in 6 moonths and I won't now until the spring (upstae NY ya know) so I am wondering what to do about the alky system. Last year when I went to change the nozzle it was rusty around the end of the hose and the entrance to the nozzle. I have always kept the reservoir full of 50/50 alch/water but I'm thinking I should either spray some type of oil into the reservoir and run the pump or drain it out completely and maybe blow air thru it. Is there a preservative I can use to keep things clean or what is the best storage preperation.

It is a DIY system, reservoir, pump and M15 nozzle on 86 GN. Thanks

paul
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul r cummings View Post
Hi guys, I havn't driven the car in 6 moonths and I won't now until the spring (upstae NY ya know) so I am wondering what to do about the alky system. Last year when I went to change the nozzle it was rusty around the end of the hose and the entrance to the nozzle. I have always kept the reservoir full of 50/50 alch/water but I'm thinking I should either spray some type of oil into the reservoir and run the pump or drain it out completely and maybe blow air thru it. Is there a preservative I can use to keep things clean or what is the best storage preperation.

It is a DIY system, reservoir, pump and M15 nozzle on 86 GN. Thanks

paul
Drain it and make sure there's no water in the system. I'd refill with 100% alcohol. I wouldn't put any type of oil product in there unless the pump manufacturer has stated that it's compatible.
'87 gn, t-tops, te-62, ls-1 maf, translator, precision slic, smc alky kit, vigilante 3200 stall 5 disk lockup, janis built tranny,xp fuel pump, 60lb injectors, 275x50x15 bfg drag radials, hr bar, linelocks, wideband monitoring via lc-1 and powerlogger,all managed by turbotweak. 11.64 @ 117.48 so far.
ryan87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you have compressed air, I've always just blown out the nozzle really well. Replaced a screen or two in the last 3 years as well.
86 Rx-7 GXL Hybrid 86 Grand National motor. (9:1) TRW pistons, Webber ported IRONS, Turbo Tweak E85chip,Translator plus,PT68 turbo,CPT 9" Competition converter, Powerglide, 83lb inj's, Magna Flow 650HP fuel pump, 218/218 flat tapp. cam, 10mm Race Wires, Adj. FP Regulator,RJC PP ,FMIC 18x32 spearco bar&plate, Custom 3 inch mandrel DP, postons X-over pipe. deltagate WG, 3.27 gears, WB 02, 26"x9 slicks,

Best... 10.24 at 133
VxTurboxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement