alcohol,propane and water injection? - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2004, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

alcohol,propane and water injection?

I've interested in alcohol, propane and water injection for my setup. I have a stock turbo 3.8 in my 79 Regal. It's the original engine i rebuilt and I was wondering how these setups work, how I could apply it to my setup and above all else if it's even worth it. All Info is welcome.
79Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Slut

Send a message via AIM to Ttype83
Alky/water injection is great for our cars due to no IC. It really helps cool the charge.
You can read some about it here. http://www.dawesdevices.com/water.html

Reds has a link to a DIY kit some were here as well as the one I posted. You can not Dawes kit (pasted away ), but you can use the info that he has on his site.
Sorry for the late reply.
Jim
86 White moon roof T-type, STOLEN
toys:2004 Ram 1500 Quadcab Solar Yellow(HEMI)

DSR member #6
Ttype83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Water/Alky injection is great I run a homemade set-up in my Cobra and up the boost a bit then throw in some timing as well.. NO KNOCK!!
Turbo95snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2004, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the info guys. For my setup what would be the best way to add boost? Bigger turbo? Do they make an aftermarket turbo for the draw thru setup?
Old 06-10-2004, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Carb/Turbo

I run alcohol injection on my Carb/Turbo. I used a washer pump and bottle from the junkyard. From a ~'89 Grand Prix or Cutlass I think (I need to get the numbers off the parts). The Misting Nozzle is mounted in the carb bonnet where the termo switch for the THERMAC air cleaner door used to be.

Connet the hot wire to the white wire on the wiper motor and the ground to the connectors on the boost light switch. When the light turns on, so does the pump.

The alcohol with supress knock and they will let you run more boost. Adjust the boost by shortening the wastegate actuator rod. (Get a quality boost gauge first!)
1982 Regal GRAND NATIONAL
1998 Regal GS and 1996 Dodge Ram TurboDiesel too!
Chicagoland Chapter GSCA
b4black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to zerobanger
Im running a group buy on my kit.

https://turbobuicks.com/forums/showth...threadid=24112

Water Injection Kit Group Buy
zerobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am totally down. Just let me get the funds. I'm looking at getting the dual stage.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by 79Regal
I am totally down. Just let me get the funds. I'm looking at getting the dual stage.
no problem. My paypal is [email protected]. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 07-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via Yahoo to stevemon
I'd put my 2 cents in on this thread but really don't want to seem like I have something against this kit... but... I would like to mention that we have better designed, Turbo Regal tested kits available plus a DIY instruction page on my site than what he's selling. Looks like all that's being offered is he's doing your shopping for you then tells you to do the math & research to make the kit work with your fuel requirements.
So why would Buick drivers not support Buick specific vendors?
Just my opinion and no flames intended.

1986 GN, 11.72 @ 115.48, stock turbo. Red 108 Chip
(Now in my God sons care)
1989 TTA #10 of 1550, Sold
1967 Buick Spl. Dlx. (GS-ified) Sold
1957 Buick Special 4dr hdtp (sold)
1950 Special. Families 1st new Buick. Got the Bling Grill
2004 Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab
2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport 4WD, V-6
2006 Itasca Navion Motorhome

DIY Alcohol Injection

62 mm Throttle Bodys
stevemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by stevemon
I'd put my 2 cents in on this thread but really don't want to seem like I have something against this kit... but... I would like to mention that we have better designed, Turbo Regal tested kits available plus a DIY instruction page on my site than what he's selling. Looks like all that's being offered is he's doing your shopping for you then tells you to do the math & research to make the kit work with your fuel requirements.
So why would Buick drivers not support Buick specific vendors?
Just my opinion and no flames intended.
Hi, thanks for your kind response. Let me clarify. I'm not asking anyone to do figure out the fuel requirements. I simply am asking what your CC's of fuel are and what boost you run. From there I can get the nozzle size that will work with your application. There is not research that someone needs to do to buy my kit other than if they want a single or dual kit.

You said you have a "better design". Can you please clarify why your design is "better".

As far as me doing the "shopping" for someone, the prices that I am offering are far less than what it would cost the average person to make this kit. I have bought from volume from the manufactures and thats the only reason I can offer these prices.

My kits are designed for someone that is looking for a water injection kit, a proven design at a great price.

Also, I checked out your page. My kit includes water control solenoids, water filters, LED's, on/off switch, FULLY adjustable pressure switch (NO and NC contacts) and other things that your DIY kit doesn't even offer.

Before you flame my product, please get the facts straight.

Last edited by zerobanger; 07-10-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Village Idiot

I'm only posting here to support those in the Buick world who do sell them AND develop improved features for systems specific to us. I don't need to defend the DIY kit. The page has been online since 1996 & has had nearly 50,000 hits plus there are thousands of DIYs out there with millions of miles of testing on them.
I'm also not trying to knock you down.

YOU asked for specifics:

There's really only one...
Your kit shows no input of your own R&D at all. For what I can see, you may be incapable of doing more than taking other peoples work and marketing it at a profit.

I'm not even going to bother anwering the rest of your post. I'm happy you completed your alky project successfully but would suggest that instead of trying to sell ice cubes to us Eskimos here, that you get busy and begin a new project unique to whatever market you design it for.

That's all I have to say and I wasn't flaming you before.

DIY Alcohol Injection

62 mm Throttle Bodys
Old 07-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
I'm only posting here to support those in the Buick world who do sell them AND develop improved features for systems specific to us. I don't need to defend the DIY kit. The page has been online since 1996 & has had nearly 50,000 hits plus there are thousands of DIYs out there with millions of miles of testing on them.
I'm also not trying to knock you down.

YOU asked for specifics:

There's really only one...
Your kit shows no input of your own R&D at all. For what I can see, you may be incapable of doing more than taking other peoples work and marketing it at a profit.

I reasearched water injection for about 1 year before I put it on my car. In June of 2003 I put a kit on my car. The original thread right here on my forum got 7000 page views so far.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...ater+injection

Now my kit has changed greatly since then. Over the last year I have really learned alot. Infact, my current kit doesn't use any of the parts that the kit in this thread does.

My inspiration for the DIY kit was the same as EVERY body elses. The one at www.turbomirage.com.

Not everyone wants to go out and build this system. Anyone that does it knows that its a royal PIA. People are scared of water injection, fear they they may buy the wrong part or not do it right. My kit is is designed for someone that wants a very highquality kit and an unbeatable price.

Its marketed to those that dont want to spend the $$$ for the Aquamist kits and dont want to do it them self. And please dont compare my kit im selling to the DIY kit on your site. If you went out and bought the parts for my kit off the shelf the parts would cost alot more than what you have quoted on your site.

Quote:

I'm not even going to bother anwering the rest of your post. I'm happy you completed your alky project successfully but would suggest that instead of trying to sell ice cubes to us Eskimos here, that you get busy and begin a new project unique to whatever market you design it for.

That's all I have to say and I wasn't flaming you before.
Mine is designed for the "turbo" and "super charger" market. There is nothing about any water injection kit that is specific to ANY car, except the GPH of the nozzel(s) to match the fuel requirements. Which is supplied in my kit. Infact, once again your DIY kit is NOT designed specific for the GNX. That kit as you show it will work on ANY car and you know it. The difference is the looks, quality of the parts, design and whats included in the kit (basic things like solenoids, water filters, adjustable boost pressure switches, etc).

Thanks for your kind words.

Old 07-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Village Idiot

My inspiration for the DIY kit was the same as EVERY body elses. www.turbomirage.com.

1. That kit was taken from my DIY kit. See his credits page.

Then you go on to say”
please dont compare my kit im selling to the DIY kit on your site.

See #1

The difference is the looks

2. That could mean anything since you show no pics of your kit.

quality of the parts

3. Mine has been shown to be trouble free with normal maintenance. It still works fine after 8 years. Same hoses, reservoir, switches, etc. In fact, the design itself is exactly how I would build it again today. Nothing has changed since the page went up except it now uses a Hobbs brand switch, as the GM switch is no longer available.

design

4. Not yours from what I see.

and whats included in the kit (basic things like solenoids

5. You haven’t done enough research. 90% of Turbo Regals don't need an alky solenoid.

adjustable boost pressure switches,

6. In fact, the switch I use is adjustable from 4 to 20 psi. I listed the nominal working pressure. The instructions for adjusting it are further down the page.

Anyone that does it knows that its a royal PIA. People are scared of water injection, fear they they may buy the wrong part or not do it right. My kit is is designed for someone that wants a very highquality kit and an unbeatable price.

7. I don't buy any of your BS there. You’re only selling a collection of parts but are attempting to confuse & frighten the buyer. I think you’d get a better response selling burglar alarms door to door with that tactic. Shuck & Jive is what you’re all about.

DIY Alcohol Injection

62 mm Throttle Bodys
Old 07-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
My inspiration for the DIY kit was the same as EVERY body elses. www.turbomirage.com.

1. That kit was taken from my DIY kit. See his credits page.

Then you go on to say”
please dont compare my kit im selling to the DIY kit on your site.

See #1

The difference is the looks

2. That could mean anything since you show no pics of your kit.

quality of the parts

3. Mine has been shown to be trouble free with normal maintenance. It still works fine after 8 years. Same hoses, reservoir, switches, etc. In fact, the design itself is exactly how I would build it again today. Nothing has changed since the page went up except it now uses a Hobbs brand switch, as the GM switch is no longer available.

design

4. Not yours from what I see.

and whats included in the kit (basic things like solenoids

5. You haven’t done enough research. 90% of Turbo Regals don't need an alky solenoid.

adjustable boost pressure switches,

6. In fact, the switch I use is adjustable from 4 to 20 psi. I listed the nominal working pressure. The instructions for adjusting it are further down the page.

Anyone that does it knows that its a royal PIA. People are scared of water injection, fear they they may buy the wrong part or not do it right. My kit is is designed for someone that wants a very highquality kit and an unbeatable price.

7. I don't buy any of your BS there. You’re only selling a collection of parts but are attempting to confuse & frighten the buyer. I think you’d get a better response selling burglar alarms door to door with that tactic. Shuck & Jive is what you’re all about.

You are so full of crap. Its not just a collection of parts. I'm ignoring you from now on.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

I can feel the love

Back under my rock.. man 7 posts and already a hit
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement