E85 swap. got a few questions. - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

E85 swap. got a few questions.

Just switched my 86 Grand National over to e85, and boy does it run good. Turned my boost back up to 20lbs so I never have to worry about knocking. It has been running faster then ever although yesterday I noticed a few things. I started the car up yesterday morning. It was cold, around 45 degrees. It took a couple cranks before starting. I had to slowly keep the gas pedal pressed in WAY longer then normal. Atleast 10 minutes. If I let off it would stall, then after it could run without my assistance I shifted into gear and it stalled again. I noticed a few vacuum lines and a sensor wasn't plugged in, so I had the tune set up with the lines off. I have a strong feeling that made a difference. My main question though is that at idle it sounds different. Not a whole lot but I can tell. Is that because of the e85? I heard you might need to change the lines if they leak but one week in and no leaks. If anyone could tell me what to expect with the new set up would be awesome.
DetroitMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement