VP Meth Question - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scottie-GNZ

VP Meth Question

Thought all along I was running VP meth and recently discovered I was running "just regular meth". Anyone use VP meth (M1) and have any real world comparitive data with regular meth? VP also now has M3 and claims it will make more power. Anyone using it and have feedback or know of any links that has tested it?

Scottie-GNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowbird

I have run vp m1 and industrial grade methanol and have never seen any difference,,but these are not lab test results.....i have asked razor...eric marshal.....and put a post on tb about the M3 ...nobody had tried it yet ...while i was buying some c 16 for a buddy i questioned the owner and he advised me to phone the TECH LINE at ...VP RACING FUELS....I REST MY CASE
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowbird

I sent an e mail to vp racing fuels ,,asking thier tech director about injecting m3 methanol into our turbo engines,,,,his answer was,,,,m3 does not have the same cooling effect as m1 and i would advise you to use m1 methanol .....this is direct from vp racing fuels technical department
Old 03-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
firebird_1252
I'm the Best!

Send a message via AIM to firebird_1252
SUPOSEDLY the M1 has a additive in it that helps the life extend of the alky. i've ran no name meth and i've found its all the same.
04 SC/MCSS 14.89 gone
"But the day may come when you've got something to lose,
and just when you think you're done paying dues
And you say to yourself, dear God what Have I done?
And hope its not too late 'cause tomorrow may never come.
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by robk46 View Post
These cars can really stress you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO E38 View Post
GO HOLD DOWN YOUR LICENSE PLATE < UNSCREW YOUR GAS CAP, AND FRIG YOUR OWN GRAND NATIONAL UP THE A$$, YOU PIECE OF DOG$HIT
firebird_1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scottie-GNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird
I sent an e mail to vp racing fuels ,,asking thier tech director about injecting m3 methanol into our turbo engines,,,,his answer was,,,,m3 does not have the same cooling effect as m1 and i would advise you to use m1 methanol .....this is direct from vp racing fuels technical department
Hmm, that's interesting because I spoke with a tech rep from VP Tuesday evening and he told me from their lab and dyno tests, 5% increase in power can be expected from M3 over M1 and typically about 1% from M1 over "regular" meth. That means ~6% increase from M3 over "regular meth.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
snowbird

SCOTTIE ,,did you tell him it was to be injected into throttle body,,,,by doing this we could raise turbo boost by 5 or 6 lbs without detonation???? this is what i told director of tech
Old 03-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowbird

HIS MAIN CONCERN WAS ,,THE M1 HAD A BETTER COOLING EFFECT THAN THE M3 AND RECOMMENED THE M1 ,,,,I DID MENTION I WAS USEING RAZORS KIT
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Scottie-GNZ

I told him the application and there was no mention of the difference in cooling effect just increased purity and the properties of M3 made it better. No one here locally has M1 in stock and ironically, the Ft Lauderdale distributor's price for a 5-gal drum of M3 was cheaper than the laocal price of M1 if they had it. Will probably have a 5-gal drum of M3 shipped up to try it.

Only thing I will have to go by is the IAT (behind the TB) through the traps. I will really have nothing to compare it to.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
snowbird

HMMMM,,,,we seem to be getting no where with this . i e mailed the teck DIRECTOR ,,,but i do not have his name as i have deleted his e mail,,,,i did buy c16 in ft. lauderdale
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
TURBOCULOSIS26

Send a message via Yahoo to TURBOCULOSIS26
Well I am about to buy a drum of M1 $142.00 So I wonder if this issue has been resolved? Is the M3 better ??
TURBOCULOSIS26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Scottie-GNZ

Well, it certainly is still an open issue. Considering how inexpensive a drum is, if it was me I would go for the M3 based on the fact that the tech gave his opinion based on actual dyno results. Dont know if we would actually see a 5% power increase but we have spent a lot more $$$ for less gain.

I have not run my system for about 6 mos and now that I got the it going and the boost up, it does not appear to be working. I plan to do the initial track test with 110 but from that point on it will be M3.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
turbo nasty
Boost Sux my Wallet

I will have to check with the spped shop here as I get VP meth also and not sure of M1 or M3 will find out though.

Side question.......What engine in your Z.
Looks like a SR20, is it?

When I lived in Japan for a few years I had a R32 GTS-t Skyline (RB20) worked over REEAAL well, and a Silvia with the SR20 with just bolt ons.
That RB was BAAAD .

Nice ride anyways.
87 GN- Zimmerman all forged short block w/ center caps and some filler , Champion Ported Irons/OEM intake, DLS Roller/Morels/T&D's, 6262S CEA, ESP FMIC, Razors Alky, TA Headers, GN1 Ext radiator, Jegs dual fans, THDP, ATR crossflow, Gen2, 4 MAF and Pipe, 60's, EA Stg2 trans, PTC NON L/U 3200ish 9.5", PST 3.5 alum DS with 1350's, QA1 front and rear, UMI rear, HR bar, moser axles, Eaton, Nitto DR's
turbo nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scottie-GNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo nasty View Post
Side question.......What engine in your Z.
Looks like a SR20, is it?
It's an FC RX7. Look here, What I have Been Working On , for details.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
UnderBoost

Send a message via MSN to UnderBoost
I go to sprint car shop for my meth. The guy said they test all of there fuels
before taking them in and off the truck. The meth that I buy is out of there gas pump. I have only bought from them and have never had any issues with it. I have notice that I can run 26-27psi with 91pump on the street with no knock. I pay $14 for 5gal. My Q is what makes VP so damn $$$$$

Also to has anyone tried VP-Import against VP-C16?

87 GN

New 109 built By www.turbolou.com

Turbo Tweak Chip, 3''MAF, Ported Stock Irons

1/8 60ft 1.45 6.39@109 28psi
1/4 60ft 1.62 10.12@134 28psi TSM Trim in BG
UnderBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Steve Wood
Scam Detector Enabled

Let us know if the M3 screws up the pump?????

www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

I consider all posts on any Board to be my personal property as per the law and they may be used by anyone freely, but, no one can be charged to access my personal posts.
Steve Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement